I think we are missing something

RenoF250

In regards to Cv19 I think we must be missing something quite significant.  It makes no sense that NYC and Italy are so hard hit while other places are mild.  I do not buy the quarantine crap.  Japan and Sweden have done next to nothing and they are fine.  We have to be missing something.

With Polio is seemed to be going after the rich and they discovered most poor children were exposed when they were breast feeding and getting their mother antibodies so they were immune, the rich kids were not exposed.

With Small Pox they found out that people exposed to cow pox which is must less severe were immune.

With the plague they thought it was carried by cats and dogs so they slaughtered them which made it worse because cats and dogs kill the actual carrier of the carrier - rats.

This is the perfect use for big data we just have to feed the machine and I think it can provide the answers or at least significant help.  But the whole thing is too political and their are a fair number of numb nuts acting like they know what they are talking about they have no concept of germ theory.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Yes. I think we're missing something.

We need to get the hive mind on it.  Better to think about that than some of the other garbage.  I keep getting stuck at population density, climate etc. obvious stuff.  Has to be more obscure.  Perhaps genetic, there is a large Italian population in NYC.  I wonder if they are keeping any stats on that.  Probably too racist.  If we could feed the machine the ancestry.com 23&me type DNA information that would be helpful assuming that stuff is not a total scam.

• Like 2

We listen too much to other people.  The government and our schools are breeding out our independence.  Our independence in thinking, in making up our own minds, in being taught enough to believe in ourselves. 

Now we need other people to tell us what to do since we don't trust our own judgement, we lean on those people that have a motive for wanting to be in control that has nothing to do with our security or our health.  Our news media and our politicians claim to be the only sources we should trust even if/when they go against our own common sense. 

We have bought into the concept that government will protect and save us, while that same government is comprised of the same incompetents you find in your neighborhoods and all around you.  We are taking their advice and recommendation at face value without considering what their alternative motives really are. 

We are Lambs being led to you know where, willingly.  We used to be a proud and independent people, now we are just like all the other people. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, janice6 said:

We listen too much to other people.  The government and our schools are breeding out our independence.  Our independence in thinking, in making up our own minds, in being taught enough to believe in ourselves. 

Now we need other people to tell us what to do since we don't trust our own judgement, we lean on those people that have a motive for wanting to be in control that has nothing to do with our security or our health.  Our news media and our politicians claim to be the only sources we should trust even if/when they go against our own common sense. 

We have bought into the concept that government will protect and save us, while that same government is comprised of the same incompetents you find in your neighborhoods and all around you.  We are taking their advice and recommendation at face value without considering what their alternative motives really are. 

We are Lambs being led to you know where, willingly.  We used to be a proud and independent people, now we are just like all the other people. 

I wonder what percentage of the population has ever been independent.  I suspect it has always been fairly low it just shows up differently at different times.

The founding fathers were listened to because the crown had become tyrannical and people were unhappy.  If they had not been such jackasses it is unlikely a revolution would have started.  If you could somehow bring them back to life now they would be largely ignored.  Most people want to live in the imaginary world they create for themselves, they do not like reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

I wonder what percentage of the population has ever been independent.  I suspect it has always been fairly low it just shows up differently at different times.

The founding fathers were listened to because the crown had become tyrannical and people were unhappy.  If they had not been such jackasses it is unlikely a revolution would have started.  If you could somehow bring them back to life now they would be largely ignored.  Most people want to live in the imaginary world they create for themselves, they do not like reality.

I agree.  What you say is very true.

I read some time ago, that the majority of the population in colonial times didn't want to leave the crown, but the independents were quite active and pressed it.

Remember that at the time of the very beginning of the American Revolution, many colonialists decided to actually move back to England.  unlike our celebrities' that threaten to move to another country and then are too effete.

Edited by janice6

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I agree.  What you say is very true.

I read some time ago, that the majority of the population in colonial times didn't want to leave the crown, but the independents were quite active and pressed it.

If you have not read this I would highly recommend it.  He talks about a lot of interesting human behaviors.  I may use this time to read it again.

https://smile.amazon.com/Pre-Suasion-Channeling-Attention-for-Change/dp/B01JAYK6HI/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1ALYGUOJ65O58&dchild=1&keywords=pre-suasion&qid=1586120456&sprefix=pre-sua%2Caps%2C209&sr=8-2

• Like 1

Strange how the top three emerging treatments for this VIRUS are an  antibiotic (azithromycin), and antimalarial (plaquenil), and an antiparasitic (ivermectin).  Treatment for people who are septic with covid is exactly opposite of sepsis treatment for everything else, (IV fluids bolused in quickly as soon as possible, as opposed to permissive dehydration in covid).

Nothing about this makes any sense.

More and more, I think this bug is manmade.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

ivermectin, I've got a ton of this for the animals, got a paper somewhere that gives dosing for humans when treating parasites. No, I'm not thinking about taking it, or giving it to any humans, point is that it is very widely available, I can drive to the farmstore today and get more. The other point is that it is widely studied, we know how much is safe and how much isn't. Really odd to me that it is showing promise working against a virus.

• Like 1

@gwalchmai thanks, amigo. I don't want to overstep, because I'm no scientist, nor even a physician.

@Fog the antibiotics you get at the feed store are the same drugs as people drugs, just not cleared by the FDA. In darker times, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a course of amoxicillin from the feed store, if it was indicated.

• Thanks 1

Now zoo tigers are getting the Rona! I can't even process this.

Plus, there's Corona overload. Social media, television, radio, everywhere. no form of electronic entertainment is not inundated with talk of this virus. I really don't care what Cabela's corona virus policies are, but they emailed me about them. Frustrating as hell. Almost like someone WANTS people to get a little crazy over this ****. Well, it's working.

I used to say "I think, therefore I drink." And thought the drinking was the problem. Nowadays, I think it's the THINKING that is the problem.

You could literally rob a bank with a booger, IF THE BANKS WERE OPEN!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

@gwalchmai thanks, amigo. I don't want to overstep, because I'm no scientist, nor even a physician.

@Fog the antibiotics you get at the feed store are the same drugs as people drugs, just not cleared by the FDA. In darker times, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a course of amoxicillin from the feed store, if it was indicated.

Just remember that some Americans buy their drugs from India, while the "people in the know" tell you they aren't as good.  If they aren't as good then why isn't it reflected in the death rate of a country with 1 Billion population.  If their drugs are as bad as some would have you think they would have a serious problem.

Said by a person that for a few years took medicine from India and was checked periodically by my physician as being in good health.

• Like 2

China has an Economic deal with Italy and Iran called the Silk Road Project.

the deal with Italy revolves around the Chinese getting Designer Fashion labels (Gucci,Prada,Dior,Armani) for the Chinese Market incredibly cheap because the sweatshops i mean Garment factories are filled with Chinese Labor from Wuhan,which is also a Shipping hub in China.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/16/the-chinese-workers-who-assemble-designer-bags-in-tuscany

China and Iran have Economic and Tourism deals with each other, coincidentally i`m sure was halted in Jan. of this year...

https://irantourismnews.com/iran-to-deepen-tourism-cooperation-with-china/

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/17/iran-and-italy-are-paying-a-hefty-price-for-close-ties-with-communist-china

the deal is worth $900 Billion Dollars to China, so no real mystery why they are trying so hard to cover it up.

i remember seeing Videos and reports in Jan and Feb or Chinese people being forced into apartments in Quarantine, the Doctor who dropped the Dime about the Contagion rate and numbers of people Dying in Wuhan, Vans filled with Body bags, the Chinese Military patrolling the streets in full breather Hazmat suits.

then they all just stopped.

and i can`t find any of them now.

the fact that Wuhan had many one of a kind aerosol foam spraying Disinfecting trucks on the streets in days after the Lock down, they just happened to have those waiting just in case?

and Wuhan just happens to have an Institute of Virology located there, specialized in Contagious Viruses spread by Horseshoe bats, exactly like they eat in the Markets there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuhan_Institute_of_Virology

we are missing a lot of Info that we are due.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul53 said:

closed fb.jpg

I suppose the fact that in my state the liquor stores and the gun stores are open, means we have a fighting chance.

This strikes even me as quite odd, since as the most liberal state in the union, we should be under house arrest by the liberals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Just remember that some Americans buy their drugs from India, while the "people in the know" tell you they aren't as good.  If they aren't as good then why isn't it reflected in the death rate of a country with 1 Billion population.  If their drugs are as bad as some would have you think they would have a serious problem.

Said by a person that for a few years took medicine from India and was checked periodically by my physician as being in good health.

Eye get my eye drops from India. Can't afford to buy them here. Travatan. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I suppose the fact that in my state the liquor stores and the gun stores are open, means we have a fighting chance.

This strikes even me as quite odd, since as the most liberal state in the union, we should be under house arrest by the liberals.

Weed stores are still open here along with the booze outlets. Thought I heard something on the radio about curb side delivery for the liquor stores though. Funny thing, just yesterday I walked into a liquor store with a bandana over my face and sunglasses on. I felt like I should have yelled out, "Stick it, This is a **** up." But I barely refrained myself. Must be getting old. BTW, the weed sales have brought in something like 20 million to the state this quarter in taxes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

Eye get my eye drops from India. Can't afford to buy them here. Travatan. 

For me it was Prilosec , they were on patent and damned expensive.  Then after a few years that patent expired and suddenly everyone was making them.

1 hour ago, holyjohnson said:

China has an Economic deal with Italy and Iran called the Silk Road Project.

the deal with Italy revolves around the Chinese getting Designer Fashion labels (Gucci,Prada,Dior,Armani) for the Chinese Market incredibly cheap because the sweatshops i mean Garment factories are filled with Chinese Labor from Wuhan,which is also a Shipping hub in China.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/16/the-chinese-workers-who-assemble-designer-bags-in-tuscany

China and Iran have Economic and Tourism deals with each other, coincidentally i`m sure was halted in Jan. of this year...

https://irantourismnews.com/iran-to-deepen-tourism-cooperation-with-china/

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/17/iran-and-italy-are-paying-a-hefty-price-for-close-ties-with-communist-china

the deal is worth $900 Billion Dollars to China, so no real mystery why they are trying so hard to cover it up.

i remember seeing Videos and reports in Jan and Feb or Chinese people being forced into apartments in Quarantine, the Doctor who dropped the Dime about the Contagion rate and numbers of people Dying in Wuhan, Vans filled with Body bags, the Chinese Military patrolling the streets in full breather Hazmat suits.

then they all just stopped.

and i can`t find any of them now.

the fact that Wuhan had many one of a kind aerosol foam spraying Disinfecting trucks on the streets in days after the Lock down, they just happened to have those waiting just in case?

and Wuhan just happens to have an Institute of Virology located there, specialized in Contagious Viruses spread by Horseshoe bats, exactly like they eat in the Markets there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuhan_Institute_of_Virology

we are missing a lot of Info that we are due.

That is interesting because Iran is another hot spot.  I wonder what NYC - China travel looks like.  Seattle is hot and the first hit but they seem to have leveled off and NYC is blowing their doors off.  Travel and quarantine does not seem to explain it to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, janice6 said:

For me it was Prilosec , they were on patent and damned expensive.  Then after a few years that patent expired and suddenly everyone was making them.

I take that and it seems to be mostly made in Israel.  I just confirmed the cheap stuff from Costco is.

• Thanks 1