What Piece Of Crap Firearms Did You Buy When You Were Young?

DrB

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, blueiron said:

If you bought it between 1986 and 1990, yes.

?

ouch.jpg.ecc008c8ca42698aed5a9eea56c64f03.jpg

No, a bit earlier than that, but thanks for the thought that I was 21 in 1986.    :biggrin:

Python_1.thumb.jpg.7b724a60747a899b1098ed7bf8b65549.jpg

I used to sit on the bank of the Red River in north Texas and shoot jackrabbits with it.

• Like 2

Well, Colt Industries had their big strike then and aside from the off-day Python, they were usually pretty good. 

Since you were around in the days of the W-53, Aerozine-50, RHFCOs, the "pocket rocket", and a real uniform in the McConnell service dress [although I preferred the Blue Shade 1084 & 1549], you're golden.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2020 at 10:45 PM, DrB said:

Post metal you say.... Could have one of those rare ones made from ubatonimun, only 2 were made.  Very rare and worth big money to collectors.

You didn't pitch a .45 Caliber Luger as well because it wasn't 9mm and probably fake pot metal junk?

Dave..

I've made a lot of mistakes in life.  But not....that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 8:42 PM, DrB said:

For me, one was a Universal .30 Carbine with the dual springs that would could fire from open battery.  Another was a Commando Arms 45 Thompson.  They left, my safe after Sandy Hook for a tidy profit. Yes, all the parties involved were informed of the issues and such. 

The .45  Commando I sold at a gun show and I swear there was an ATF agent there.  At least 6 times this person came up asking if it was full auto and if he could check it out. Then asked how easy it would be to convert.  Then he wanted to meet at a different location to buy.. Hahaa. Good luck with that fella..  I traded it off to a dealer there later in the day. .

Dave..

Springfield Armory 1911 - one of their early ones.  Jam-o-matic.  Ruined me on 1911s for a while.  In fact I still don't own one.  

It wasn't cheap and for $75 more I could have had a brand new one.  But I was an idiot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 5:34 PM, willie-pete said:

First gun I legally bought after I turned 21 was a Colt Python at the Base Exchange.

Does that qualify ?

:biggrin:

Yes...  Tell you what,  I'll trade you a Raven .25, a Jennings .22 and a Davis P-380 for it.  I'm taking a beating here but I'm willing to trade some serious firearms to keep that unsafe thing from being shot.

Dave..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2020 at 8:07 PM, DrB said:

Yes...  Tell you what,  I'll trade you a Raven .25, a Jennings .22 and a Davis P-380 for it.  I'm taking a beating here but I'm willing to trade some serious firearms to keep that unsafe thing from being shot.

Dave..

Throw in a Hi-Point and maybe we can talk.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, willie-pete said:

Throw in a Hi-Point and maybe we can talk.

Wait a minute.  I'll drive down to the hood and see what I can scratch up.  What caliber?  I'm taking a real beating on this deal..

Edited by DrB
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2020 at 5:46 AM, Green Dragoon said:

Colt "Combat Government".  It wouldn't feed hardball and it was very loosely fitted.  I bought it in 1985 and I was 23 years old.  

I have 2 series 70's bought in the 70's before 1980.  I wanted the Gov't model but they could not get so I bought the all steel Combat Commander they had. 

A couple of weeks later they called and informed me they had the Gov't model, I brought that home also.  The Combat Commander was fine with FMJ but not with some hollow points.  Don't know about the other as I never shot it before I had one of my bad canoeing accidents and lost them both in the river..

• Like 2

Some little pot metal pocket .25 (Jennings, Bryco??)

A Rossi 357 lever gun (used) that wouldn't chamber a round.

A AMT .22Mag that blew up in my hand

Edited by wjv
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/7/2020 at 5:22 PM, Slotback said:

Early S&W Sigma. I still have a guilt complex about selling it to a friend. I did warn him about it though.

I bought a s&w sigma .40f as soon as they were released in 1995.  It was a piece of junk!

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I bought a Colt .45 Commander in 72.  I just want THAT one back...

Yeah...that one hurts. I have a 1968 LW Commander I’ve had for close to 20 years. I had a NIB 1972 Commander that I sold. Wish I’d hung into it to keep with the LW. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2020 at 1:25 PM, Wrango said:

Llama .45 acp..  Like the one pictured.  Bought if from a buddy for cheap.  You get what you pay for was never more true.  I swear, you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside!  What a POS!

LLAMA 45 PISTOL (Auction ID: 11017066, End Time : Mar. 30, 2018 ...

When I was in the Marines we had one in the armory. No one knew where it came from or when we got it. But we had a lot of odd weapons that got dumped on us. The Lama was a hunk of junk. It would supposedly go full auto but I never got it do it. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...