What is the neatest automobile you have driven?

tous

9 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Back in the 1960s at least one Buick straight 8 made it into a slingshot dragster. Don’t know how well it did beyond getting mentioned in a magazine. 

I can't imagine the bottom end holding up well to that application, but I would have loved to see it.

On that subject line, we used to go to the dirt oval track on Saturday nights. It was mostly small block Chevy,s with a few 302 and 351 Fords. They had a strict CID limitation in the rules, but every year they would have at least 1 play day where the owners could power their cars with anything that they could shoehorn into the engine compartment. Lots of big blocks and such, but every year, without fail, the car that cleaned up on play day was powers by an inline six cylinder rambler.

Can you say "Pissed off chevy owners"?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jmohme said:

I can't imagine the bottom end holding up well to that application, but I would have loved to see it.

On that subject line, we used to go to the dirt oval track on Saturday nights. It was mostly small block Chevy,s with a few 302 and 351 Fords. They had a strict CID limitation in the rules, but every year they would have at least 1 play day where the owners could power their cars with anything that they could shoehorn into the engine compartment. Lots of big blocks and such, but every year, without fail, the car that cleaned up on play day was powers by an inline six cylinder rambler.

Can you say "Pissed off chevy owners"?

Remember the Hudson dominated NASCAR for couple/three years in early 1950s. 

Picture taken inside NASCAR museum in Charlotte NC. 

B2CBB8E8-EC03-4F47-875F-70A1BC31B059.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

My 525 horse Kenworth with the 18 speed. But I have driven scores of hot rods, and vintage cars. Edsel. Haha. Cars with push button shifting. Lots of motorcycles that would be considered vintage now days. (kind of like me)

One of my uncles had an Edsel convertible. My future aunt drove it and won races at the local drag strip with some regularity. Its slight additional listed weight as a convertible and its listed horsepower or cubic inches slid into a higher class than its solid top kin so it had the best actual power/weight ratio in its class. 

• Like 1