S&W Shield 9mm mag pouch

Spats McGee

I'm looking for a mag pouch for my S&W Shield 9mm.  I'm looking for a mag pouch that:

1. Is belt-carried;
  2. Is a double mag pouch;
  3. Is either kydex or leather (something stiffer than nylon);
  4. Carries the mags so that the bullets point to the rear;
  5. Won't break the bank.

This may seem awfully specific, but I'm kind of finicky about my EDC gear.  Two extra mags gets me up over ~20 rounds on my person, which I want.  The mag pouch for my other semi-auto carry pistol (a G19) carries with the bullets pointed to the rear, and I want to be as consistent as possible across my carry pistols.

Knowledgeable denizens of TBS, what recommendations do you have?

No help other than to say I was looking for a single mag pouch that I could turn on the belt sideways if needed. Strange need but couldn't find any at Cabelas and such that I liked. Ended up hitting amazon and took about 4 orders before I got one I liked. Gave the rest away at the range to a few people. Couldn't find any better way and wasted cash but in the end it worked out. Good luck. 

• 8 months later...
On 10/12/2017 at 7:23 PM, Leavemeout said:

No help other than to say I was looking for a single mag pouch that I could turn on the belt sideways if needed. Strange need but couldn't find any at Cabelas and such that I liked. Ended up hitting amazon and took about 4 orders before I got one I liked. Gave the rest away at the range to a few people. Couldn't find any better way and wasted cash but in the end it worked out. Good luck. 

I know this is an old thread but could you provide more inormation on your final solution?

• 2 months later...
On 10/10/2017 at 10:25 AM, Spats McGee said:

I'm looking for a mag pouch for my S&W Shield 9mm.  I'm looking for a mag pouch that:

1. Is belt-carried;
  2. Is a double mag pouch;
  3. Is either kydex or leather (something stiffer than nylon);
  4. Carries the mags so that the bullets point to the rear;
  5. Won't break the bank.

This may seem awfully specific, but I'm kind of finicky about my EDC gear.  Two extra mags gets me up over ~20 rounds on my person, which I want.  The mag pouch for my other semi-auto carry pistol (a G19) carries with the bullets pointed to the rear, and I want to be as consistent as possible across my carry pistols.

Knowledgeable denizens of TBS, what recommendations do you have?

Look here: https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/product/mag-holder-carry-all/

• Like 1