Request for prayers, thoughts, or vibes

NPTim

My 84 year old mother with COPD and still smokes, took ill recently. She tested negative for covid but positive for RSV.
My sister tells me that she was told by the ER doctor that if she got worse, don’t bring her back due to the reasons stated above.
She was given an Rx for Doxycycline for community acquired pneumonia. This helped initially though my sister say my mother’s lungs sound bad since. Her oxygen saturation has been poor during this.

My sister called and said my mother is declining, no fever, but dehydrated octogenarians may not have a fever and will get a fever when they get rehydrated. 

We will try another round of antibiotics, yes I know RSV is a virus, but I suspect a bacterial pneumonia has set in. Since she had a good life before this and was able to enjoy things, we will try this Hail Mary play. If this doesn’t work, well I am at a loss. Palliative care is overloaded or not doing home visits. Hospice is in the same boat.

Time may be short, if it is, I hope it’ll be quick and as painless as possible.

So I’m asking for thought, prayers, and vibes for my mother.

thanks.

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

Best wishes and sympathy, Tim. I lost my mom two and a half years ago, 91 y.o. with dementia and lost the will to live. It hurts, no matter the circumstance.

Edited by OGW
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NPTim said:

My 84 year old mother with COPD and still smokes, took ill recently. She tested negative for covid but positive for RSV.
My sister tells me that she was told by the ER doctor that if she got worse, don’t bring her back due to the reasons stated above.
She was given an Rx for Doxycycline for community acquired pneumonia. This helped initially though my sister say my mother’s lungs sound bad since. Her oxygen saturation has been poor during this.

My sister called and said my mother is declining, no fever, but dehydrated octogenarians may not have a fever and will get a fever when they get rehydrated. 

We will try another round of antibiotics, yes I know RSV is a virus, but I suspect a bacterial pneumonia has set in. Since she had a good life before this and was able to enjoy things, we will try this Hail Mary play. If this doesn’t work, well I am at a loss. Palliative care is overloaded or not doing home visits. Hospice is in the same boat.

Time may be short, if it is, I hope it’ll be quick and as painless as possible.

So I’m asking for thought, prayers, and vibes for my mother.

thanks.

I'm sorry for you and your family going through this.  Many times the living suffer more than the dying.  God Bless.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 5

Here come the reserves.

Sending blessings for much strength and wisdom in this terrible time. May God send his love and power to make your mother comfortable. 

Prayers and best wishes coming your way!

Edited by Bish1309
  • Like 3