Grandson is running me out of my own house

On 3/29/2020 at 7:25 PM, Walt Longmire said:

He simply cannot stay out of public places. Especially convenience stores. He thinks this covid **** is a big joke. I'm retiring to the remote cabin for the time being. I'll come in to reprovision the beer supplies and grab some moose meat from the freezer.

Pack him a care package and send him packing, it's your house.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

He moved into the unfinished house he is building. I'm still going back out to the cabin this week anyway. 

Ohhh, so you're liking it out there?  Good call.

• Like 2

It really surprises me when I see the number of people out like it's no big deal.  I had to go to the store Sunday and I drove by the multi-use path downtown and there had to be 75-100 people walking, riding and running.  I have another friend that did a solo bike ride on the Capital Trail in the Richmond area.  He said there were over 100 people on that trail also.  Skyline Dr is closed to motorized vehicles from mile 0 to 63.  Last week, they posted that many of the trail heads were packed with cars, so they had to close several of the trail heads because of the number of people on them. 

I'm not being a hermit, but I am taking precautions.  Some of the people around here treat this like it's no big deal.

1 hour ago, eaglefrq said:

It really surprises me when I see the number of people out like it's no big deal.  I had to go to the store Sunday and I drove by the multi-use path downtown and there had to be 75-100 people walking, riding and running.  I have another friend that did a solo bike ride on the Capital Trail in the Richmond area.  He said there were over 100 people on that trail also.  Skyline Dr is closed to motorized vehicles from mile 0 to 63.  Last week, they posted that many of the trail heads were packed with cars, so they had to close several of the trail heads because of the number of people on them. 

I'm not being a hermit, but I am taking precautions.  Some of the people around here treat this like it's no big deal.

Getting out and hiking or biking is much different from sitting in a crowded bar coughing all over each other.

• Like 2

Back to civilization again. I was planning a quick turnaround and then back out there, but have issues with the brakes on the F250. Ruptured a brake line on the frame. I'm taking it to my mechanic since I'm not going to be rolling around on the ground fixing it. I considered hooking the trailer to my 150 Lariat to go back out, but that truck would be a target for thieves. Also can't haul much firewood in it. I was cutting trees and hauling the bucked up wood to the truck behind the Dragon in an aluminum toboggan sled.

Had nice weather. Got lots of small chores done, besides the wood cutting. 

No bears showing up yet, but that should happen soon.

• Like 1