I’m ready to share this now..,

Zonny

It’s been a week. I had to put my Schatzi girl down. She’d been sick for over a week Vet thought it was pancreatitis which is pretty common in Schnauzers. She did not respond to meds and blood tests showed it was time for her to rest. Tough, tough decision but her eyes always spoke to me and it was clear, she was ready. 

I will miss her always. 

7296C553-E317-4B5A-BCC3-4AAB438BC7BD.jpeg

Edited by Zonny
  • Like 1
  • Sad 12

7 minutes ago, Zonny said:

It’s been a week. I had to put my Schatzi girl down. She’d been sick for over a week Vet thought it was pancreatitis which is pretty common in Schnauzers. She did not respond to meds and blood tests showed it was time for her to rest. Tough, tough decision but her eyes always spoke to me and it was clear, she was ready. 

I will miss her always. 

7296C553-E317-4B5A-BCC3-4AAB438BC7BD.jpeg

I'm so sorry you lost you baby.  I know how much mine occupies my life, and I would guess you feel the same about yours.

They become like children and get almost as much love.  God Bless, I hope the pain lessens with time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. 

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. 

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. 

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. 

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. 

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. 

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. 

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. 

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Zonny, I'm so sorry for your loss. I went thru this not long ago and several times before. I send prayers to you and for your little girl. I told the vet and our children we won't be getting any more pets once the remaining expire. I can't take the heartbreak.  tom.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, deputy tom said:

Zonny, I'm so sorry for your loss. I went thru this not long ago and several times before. I send prayers to you and for your little girl. I told the vet and our children we won't be getting any more pets once the remaining expire. I can't take the heartbreak.  tom.

I feel the same. One more schnauzer, three years younger than her big sister. Then, I’m done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

I’m sorry for your loss. I went through the same thing recently. It was my brother’s dog, but I knew and loved him his whole life. 

I never know the right things to say at times like this. I know what you are going through and I feel for you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very sorry for your loss.

If It Should Be

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep;
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle can’t be won.

You will be sad, I understand;
But don’t let grief then stay your hand.
For this day more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We’ve had so many happy years;
What is to come can hold no fears.
You don’t want me to suffer so
The time has come, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they’ll tend,
But please stay with me ’til the end
To hold me close and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree,
It was a kindness done for me.