Anyone Here Stocking Up?

DrB

I'm usually good for up to two weeks. Right now however, we got enough for 3 maybe more. So, yes, I did some shopping around three weeks ago, when nobody cared. Now there are many, empty shelves around here in most of the grocery stores. Got some flu medications too. Otherwise... really...what can we do?

• Thanks 1

I have a freezer full of moose, salmon, halibut, and razor clams. Even bought another turkey last time I went shopping. Lots of canned goods, rice, pasta, oatmeal. Enough tp to get me into next year. Ordered extra prescription meds. Lots of soap. Extra fuel including propane. Yeah. I'm good here at the compound. Get off my lawn.

• Haha 2

Like many here, we have always been stocking, but we did increase the food our cats eat, as it's not readily available in stores.

Added a bunch of extra litter as well. Don't DARE change a cat's usual litter to something new. ?

cat food.jpg

Edited by eruby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Slow and steady wins. 

Not worried about most all supplies at this point. Home or hobby.

LGS is open, has what is needed in stock and receiving shipments daily. Groceries are open and we aren't experiencing the "paper" shortage other areas seem to be.

Life is still pretty good here.

We, as a financial institute, are still open except the lobbies are closed to walk in traffic. We will let people in my appointment only. All drive-ups and ATMs are functioning as needed.

Edited by Bish1309
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Nestor said:

I'm usually good for up to two weeks. Right now however, we got enough for 3 maybe more. So, yes, I did some shopping around three weeks ago, when nobody cared. Now there are many, empty shelves around here in most of the grocery stores. Got some flu medications too. Otherwise... really...what can we do?

Hysteria is contagious and flies in the face of reason.  This is the most powerful tool to politicians.  Give me authority and I will give you security.  BS.

• Like 2

I'm too skinny.  A can of spaghetti-os a day would sustain me nicely.

In fact,  us skeleton-guys will out-survive everyone.  We'll just crawl into a storm-drain with an armload of alphabeti-os,  and come out when the smoke and radiation dissipates,  scampering around like cockroaches.

And, on the survival-scale,  butt-wiping is waaay down the list.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Hysteria is contagious and flies in the face of reason.  This is the most powerful tool to politicians.  Give me authority and I will give you security.  BS.

It's amazing. I just had a discussion with several ladies on my hometown's FB "Vent Page". They were complaining because a local meskin restaurant had posted that it was open for take out and dine-in. The ladies thought no restaurants should be "allowed" to be open for dine-in. I took the pro-freedom side and said if people want to eat there it should be their choice and the China Virus thing is overblown media hype. One gal said I didn't understand the severity of the problem, but since she works in healthcare she could assure me there was no hype involved. She's a receptionist.

• Haha 3

Just now, gwalchmai said:

It's amazing. I just had a discussion with several ladies on my hometown's FB "Vent Page". They were complaining because a local meskin restaurant had posted that it was open for take out and dine-in. The ladies thought no restaurants should be "allowed" to be open for dine-in. I took the pro-freedom side and said if people want to eat there it should be their choice and the China Virus thing is overblown media hype. One gal said I didn't understand the severity of the problem, but since she works in healthcare she could assure me there was no hype involved. She's a receptionist.

Yes!  Ultimate authorities exist in the strangest occupations.

• Like 1

Managed to score a rather odd quantity of toilet paper for my mom.

She should have a delivery on monday of 2 packages of 48 roles.   Only each packages contains larger than average roles totally about 116 roles per-package.

At 82 she will never need to buy any again.  Its like 232 roles.

Hell. i may inherit some in 20 years.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Stopped into the local IGA on my way home.  I needed a bag of whole wheat flour.  Shelves empty except for this one bag of King Arthur Whole wheat.  My brand and what I was looking for. That is all I need for now.  My lucky day, I should have bought lottery tickets. Paper products limited to one.  Shelves bare.  Here now along with toilet paper is flour, yeast and potatoes all gone.  What is next??

Dave..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DrB said:

Stopped into the local IGA on my way home.  I needed a bag of whole wheat flour.  Shelves empty except for this one bag of King Arthur Whole wheat.  My brand and what I was looking for. That is all I need for now.  My lucky day, I should have bought lottery tickets. Paper products limited to one.  Shelves bare.  Here now along with toilet paper is flour, yeast and potatoes all gone.  What is next??

Dave..

Obviously your flour wasn't White enough...…………………………..

Edited by janice6
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Obviously your flour wasn't White enough...…………………………..

Yes, it looked lonely all by itself on the shelf so I felt sorry for it and brought it home.

Dave..

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, DrB said:

Yes, it looked lonely all by itself on the shelf so I felt sorry for it and brought it home.

Dave..

If you saw that wrinkled, hairless cat on the shelf, would you bring it home?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tous said:

If you saw that wrinkled, hairless cat on the shelf, would you bring it home?

Yes, I was raised on a farm. Cats belonged in the barn. I had to take them the dinner leftovers and food to feed them every night.  The kittens when they got cloudy runny eyes, I had to mix the boric acid solution and clean their eyes.  Yes, I had to fight the mama cat sometimes but was part of the job.  I have scars.  so to answer, Yeppp..  To add, I had to shoot and bury the very sick ones also. Part of farm life.

Dave..

Edited by DrB
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, janice6 said:

I've already seen the requests from the regular people to be enslaved...just to feel a little bit more secure in exchange. I don't comment on these posts. These people have no concept of freedom. They are literally like the chained dogs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Nestor said:

I've already seen the requests from the regular people to be enslaved...just to feel a little bit more secure in exchange. I don't comment on these posts. These people have no concept of freedom. They are literally like the chained dogs.

You have a better understanding than many, but I still find it difficult to accept that some people haven't the confidence in their own abilities to give themselves a better life.

I know I'm not special. but my father taught me that I could have what I wanted, it's cost would be work and education.  I proved to myself he was right.  Then I talk to people that believe the only truth they know comes from a stranger without any special skill or understanding.

Listening to the news media would make you believe that you are only a heartbeat and a politician from certain death.  Finding the truth for yourself shows that this is all BS, and will pass as did all other even more valid claims of fragility.  I say pee on 'em all.  Live till you die!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1