Anyone Here Stocking Up?

DrB

1 hour ago, deputy tom said:

Just got back from the supermarket. No bread left. Most other stuff was below a third of regular stock. What a mess. tom. :holy-sheep:

I'm out of bread too. Fortunately, I LOVE to bake. Making Irish soda bread today. Have dough in the fridge that I made yesterday to make a pizza for dinner. As long as I have flour and yeast, I'm a happy girl.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zonny said:

I'm out of bread too. Fortunately, I LOVE to bake. Making Irish soda bread today. Have dough in the fridge that I made yesterday to make a pizza for dinner. As long as I have flour and yeast, I'm a happy girl.

We have a bread machine. Maybe we should get it out and make some. Thanks for the suggestion. tom. :cowboy2:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zonny said:

MY wife didn't learn the fine are of "keeping house".  Don't get me wrong, I love her dearly, it's just that the truth is what it is, and she agrees with me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Zonny said:

We think alike.  I bought bread flour and some yeast the other day.  I usually use King Arthur flour but had to settle for Gold Medal.  I need to get some more yeast though but have enough for awhile.

Edited by DrB
  • Like 2

Got 25 gallons of gas for the generator and filled the truck.  Another man was there doing the same.  Same reason, just in case.. we had a nice chat about things since the virus hit locally here. 

Dave..

• Like 3

Now I'm all set, spaghetti sauce cooking for the week, and I'm just sitting here with my feet propped up on the wood stove, sipping on my ice cold beer with my dog sleeping by my side. Let the madness out there go on.

Dave..

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, janice6 said:

MY wife didn't learn the fine are of "keeping house".  Don't get me wrong, I love her dearly, it's just that the truth is what it is, and she agrees with me.

As long as you're happy...different strokes for different folks. Im probably over-the top anal as far as the house goes. But that's how I'm comfortable. 

Cooking/baking is enjoyable. More so when someone else enjoys it. I've been single for many, many years and the kids are long grown and on their own so it's not the same. But I will do it as long as I can.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Zonny said:

As long as you're happy...different strokes for different folks. Im probably over-the top anal as far as the house goes. But that's how I'm comfortable. 

Cooking/baking is enjoyable. More so when someone else enjoys it. I've been single for many, many years and the kids are long grown and on their own so it's not the same. But I will do it as long as I can.

Pastries, Ahhhhhh.  Almost as good as...………. Man can't live by being bred alone ----- Or something like that.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DrB said:

We think alike.  I bought bread flour and some yeast the other day.  I usually use King Arthur flour but had to settle for Gold Medal.  I need to get some more yeast though but have enough for awhile.

I'm a King Arthur fan too.  A friend that lives in the south, sent me a bag of White Lily but I use that exclusively for biscuits. I have to come up with a regular supplier. He paid close to $10.00 to mail it :) 

Edited by Zonny

18 minutes ago, Zonny said:

I'm a King Arthur fan too.  A friend that lives in the south, sent me a bag of White Lily but I use that exclusively for biscuits. I have to come up with a regular supplier. He paid close to $10.00 to mail it :) 

Is the White Lily flour good?  I have seen that in a store up here.  Was a local store and not a big store if I remember correct.  Now I'll keep my open if it is good.  Thanks...

Dave..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrB said:

Is the White Lily flour good?  I have seen that in a store up here.  Was a local store and not a big store if I remember correct.  Now I'll keep my open if it is good.  Thanks...

Dave..

Soft, soft, SOFT!! Makes great, light biscuits. Don't know where you live but I thought it was sold exclusively in the South.

Edited by Zonny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zonny said:

Soft, soft, SOFT!! Makes great, light biscuits. Don't know where you live but I thought it was sold exclusively in the South.

I'm gonna look but I know I saw it in a small store up around here.  They had a lot of the things you don't normally find., can't remember the store though.

Dave..

• Like 1

@willie-pete thanks, amigo! Strange thing, working at the exact same place, in a totally different role. From ER Nurse to ER Nurse Practitioner, in the same ER. There has been about a 3 week period where I've been doing both jobs (one as an employee of the hospital, the other as an employee of the physician's group), and it's been an interesting transition. In the shifts I've already worked there in the new role, my coworkers have been great- they seem to really want me to succeed!

@gwalchmai unfortunately, they'll gang up on you. You can have coinfections (think strep throat and pneumonia, or even HSV 1 and 2 infections on your lip and on your junk). I won't likely find out if either of the patients tested positive for CoViD19, but there are probably a dozen or more individual corona viruses out there.

Y'all wish me well- the missus wants to meet at Walmart after her shift is over at 1900.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Zonny said:

See if you can get it with Amazon Prime

2 hours ago, DrB said:

Dave..

Ancient memory says White Lily Flour once sponsored the Grand Ole Opry. Might still. 

I'm sitting around with my cookbooks contemplating what I'll make for the next three weeks... I have a Rabbit Stiffado recipe I've never tried, that I've been meaning to for months, so this is my opportunity.  And a Venison Backstrap Steaks w/Blackberry Sauce w/Nutmeg & Cloves... I found a bag of frozen blackberries we picked last summer when I was getting everything ready to make Black Raspberry Jam (10 more half-pints done - half with amaretto and half with fernet-branca, and honey instead of sugar because I have more honey than we need to make the mead)... Coronarmageddon is boring, and when I get bored I either clean or I cook... this was a double dose - I worked on cleaning and re-organizing the basement freezers, and cooking/canning everything I didn't get around to last fall.  There will be two more batches of mulberry jam canned this week (I haven't decided what to add to those, suggestions welcome), and probably a small batch of cherry freezer jam, because there isn't enough to justify using the canner for them.  And at least one batch of either rhubarb chutney or rhubarb jam, depending on whether I have the rest of the ingredients for the chutney in the house.  I thought I should get that done before I have to start harvesting this year's rhubarb - it's about 2" tall today.

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2020 at 1:34 PM, Walt Longmire said:

A young moose strolled through my place a bit ago. If my freezer wasn't full and the panic was on, I'd hose it on the spot.

It stays a might fresher when it's on the hoof.  If I was a mountain man (like you) I'd wait until I was hungry and then track it down and do the hosing.

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 1