Anyone Here Stocking Up?

DrB

13 minutes ago, Historian said:

I purchased enough material to make about 20 gallons of beer.  I purchased six six packs of others...and stocked up on 1 bottle of bourbon and four bottles of scotch and one bottle of gin and vodka (martini makings).  I picked up a box of cigars to boot.

A man has to have priorities.  If i'm going to self sequester....i'm doing it my way! 

Where you at?  I'll bring the bags of lump charcoal I stocked up on.  I got a couple bottles of Bombay Sapphire and a couple bottles of rum.  Also stocked up on limes, tonic water and coke.  Priorities ..  You got a grill or should I bring mine????

Dave..

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrB said:

Where you at?  I'll bring the bags of lump charcoal I stocked up on.  I got a couple bottles of Bombay Sapphire and a couple bottles of rum.  Also stocked up on limes, tonic water and coke.  Priorities ..  You got a grill or should I bring mine????

Dave..

I want in on this conference, too. Add some ribeyes, more whiskey, and some canned oysters to the mix.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DrB said:

Dave..

I have a charcoal burning grill, smoker and a pit and plenty of natural oak to add to the coal.

And a second freezer full of my state's fish, pig and deer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Historian said:

I have a charcoal burning grill, smoker and a pit and plenty of natural oak to add to the coal.

And a second freezer full of my state's fish, pig and deer.

You got a range where we can shoot?  I can bring my Garands,  M1 Carbines, Lee Enfields and K98 Mausers plus ammo.  How about parking for campers, tents and such? 

Dave

Edited by DrB
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Toilet paper hording here is terrible.I'm waiting for someone gets shot over toilet paper here.  The woman who cleans my house texted me jokingly, "I'll leave my money and take your toilet paper from what is going on"  My response was, The only way your going to get my toilet paper is to pry it from my cold dead hands.  We laughed in text over that. 

Dave..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, M&P15T said:

No. I actually need to go shopping, got no food right now.

I'm imagining the store will be packed and bare........

Just came back from Sam's Club.

No meat, cheese, salad, chicken, tp, paper towels, most cleaners.

I think I was the only one out of 100 in there who spoke English.

But, regular unleaded was $1.849

Edited by BamaBud
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Stocking up?   A little.  Mainly buying canned goods and extra hand cleaner (bar soap, etc. as hand sanitizer is gone like it never existed) and a few other staples.   We were already OK on TP and paper towels.

My wife keeps a well provisioned pantry, and we are now in a position to be able to stay in the house for a month or so.  All stuff we would have in the house anyway.  

We have enough books, movies and hobby projects - we shouldn't get bored.

Special purchases:  Alcohol and Aloevera gel for homemade hand sanitizer.  But I've been told soap and water done properly is better.

We are working on some habits - wash up when we come into the house.  Don't touch face, etc....

My daughter was going to school in France.  They shut everything down, so she'll be home in a few days.  I won't be able to see her until after her self quarantine.

We are in the front row of 'history being made' and I don't like it one little bit.

• Like 4

It's interesting that the liberals are wailing about the lack of testing kits.  They are blaming Trump for the fact that a new virus popped up on the international scene, and he hadn't forced the industry to make up testing kits.  Even while the isolation of the particular virus is being undertaken.

Then these same geniuses say that they demand a test of every person!  Well, maybe not EVERY person but almost!  This is a manufacturing supply and demand problem people!  You don't make things overnight.  And you don't make medical test kits that the average idiot can read accurately!

So, let's see. That means somewhere around 200 million to 300 million testing kits that are supposed to pop up out of nowhere and be given to each person. 

That's assuming that these liberals don't want all the people to be tested, to gather together in large numbers for professional testing to occur.  

So we are now requiring the immediate availability of many Millions of test kits and damn near instantaneously appearing at each and every household so we can test ourselves.  The Postal service, or the governmental agencies will for the first time in their existence, provide for the people almost overnight...……………  Sure like they have in the past!

Then after the magical appearance of all these testing kits (when they figured out what virus to test for) we will have massive numbers of qualified persons to determine the validity and results of each and every test.  Remember, the demand is for these results to be 100% accurate and RIGHT NOW! No waiting!!!

Let's assume  for laughs that all the above magical conditions occur.  Now we know who has the virus today and who doesn't!  Wonderful!!

For tomorrow, we will have to retest all the tested individuals to see who has contracted the virus during the time of taking the first virus test and the informing of the results of that test.   NOW, TODAY! And tomorrow, and the days after that.

Now, we need countless Millions of test kits to keep testing since the previous tests being all valid, each individual has been moving around in the locale and doing the necessary things to feed, clothe and shelter our families.

This is absurd!  And the only people that don't know it are the irrational beings running on passion and not reason.

Who is going to produce all the many millions of test kits just to keep some idiots happy and give them a feeling of security only for the small time they take these tests and very shortly thereafter.

What will actually happen is.  Every body will wail in anguish about their mortality and the frightening aspects of catching this virus, while demanding that the government put a stop to the infections exacerbated by these same people running from store to store, mingling with even more people, to find things that they don't need and resulting in artificial shortages.

Meanwhile everybody will hold their hands (YUK!) pat them on the head, and reassure them that they will not perish from this dreaded disease.

The government will pour money into fanciful programs that accomplish nothing but have the appearance of doing something while the virus runs it's course through the population and the politicians pockets are full of our money.

When a very small percentage of people that catch the virus, die the word will finally enter the public consciousness that this is little different from Influenza, and not the global life threatening plague the media made it out to  be.

Eventually people will gather at meals or drinks and tell the courageous tales of how they survived the latest hype with restricted supplies of toilet paper!.

The virus will run it's course, with or without any government or population measures, and as nature always does, the strong will survive.

This is so stupid it hurts!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Don't let me vote democrat if I keel over. My grandson (living with me) came down with a sore throat last night. Turns out his dad (my son) who has been helping him build his house has been sick since he got back from a wrestling tournament in Fairbanks 2 weeks ago. Thanks for thinking of me. I'm pounding the Vitamin C. I don't feel any ill effects yet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Don't let me vote democrat if I keel over. My grandson (living with me) came down with a sore throat last night. Turns out his dad (my son) who has been helping him build his house has been sick since he got back from a wrestling tournament in Fairbanks 2 weeks ago. Thanks for thinking of me. I'm pounding the Vitamin C. I don't feel any ill effects yet.

Hopefully it is not.,take care.  I work for a college that has ended classes and sent students home.  Folks getting their kids from god knows where.  I'm in the danger zone but I hope things not hit me.

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

It's interesting that the liberals are wailing about the lack of testing kits.

And every test kit will be prominently labeled, Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden made this possible.

:shakehead:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Went onto town today to buy something from CL. So decided to stop at a couple stores and pick up some things. Toilet paper aisle was wiped out. Pasta, all gone. Rice mostly gone. Canned goods were somewhat ravaged. Rest of the store looked mostly normal. I even bought a giant pack of diapers for my GD. 

Took a cruise through the Walmart lot with NO intention of going in. What a MF ZOO. Crowds coming and going. The dregs of society. Fat bastards. People on the system If I made my guess right. SMH all the way in and out of that place. Did you look in the mirror before you left the house, Clown tweaker?

• Like 2

And now, a word from the Front Lines:

I worked my last shift as an ER Nurse last night. If you come in with fever, shortness of breath, and a dry cough, and answer 4 health and travel questions appropriately, you are tested for MULTIPLE other respiratory illnesses, including Flu A and B, H1N1, H3Nx, Parainfluenzas 1-4, adenovirus, metapneumovirus, rhinovirus, RSV A and B, Chlamydia pneumoniae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, and yes, Coronavirus.

Apparently, the universe thought it would be funny for me to go out with a bang, because we had TWO POSITIVE Coronavirus patients. Now, before anyone gets worried, apparently there are many different types of coronavirus. These two patients get swabbed again, and THAT swab is the one that the CDC tests for the specific coronavirus. So, at this point, those two patients are now PUI (Patients Under Investigation) for the virus. If they're stable for discharge, they're discharged home for a self quarantine and will be followed up with by the CDC.

Fact is, we are probably all gonna get this. China locked it down because they enforced much stricter quarantines than we will, here.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

And now, a word from the Front Lines:

I worked my last shift as an ER Nurse last night. If you come in with fever, shortness of breath, and a dry cough, and answer 4 health and travel questions appropriately, you are tested for MULTIPLE other respiratory illnesses, including Flu A and B, H1N1, H3Nx, Parainfluenzas 1-4, adenovirus, metapneumovirus, rhinovirus, RSV A and B, Chlamydia pneumoniae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, and yes, Coronavirus.

Apparently, the universe thought it would be funny for me to go out with a bang, because we had TWO POSITIVE Coronavirus patients. Now, before anyone gets worried, apparently there are many different types of coronavirus. These two patients get swabbed again, and THAT swab is the one that the CDC tests for the specific coronavirus. So, at this point, those two patients are now PUI (Patients Under Investigation) for the virus. If they're stable for discharge, they're discharged home for a self quarantine and will be followed up with by the CDC.

Fact is, we are probably all gonna get this. China locked it down because they enforced much stricter quarantines than we will, here.

Tadbart, what happens if someone gets infected with multiple strains of coronavirus? Does one virus dominate or do they do a tag-team number on the host?

First virus case reported here in Lorain County, Ohio.  The stores are probably even more crazy now this morning.  I am sitting with my feet up on the stove smiling.  I told folks way back when the first cases jumped from China to get what they needed then.  Anyone listen??...Nope.  I was just called, "your one of those survivalist nuts"...  Nope, but I was a Boy Scout.. Look Forward... Be Prepared...

Hummm.. today I'm going to go fill my gas cans up for the generator.  That is a low risk place.  Am curious to see the cars in the various store's parking lots as I drive by.

Dave..

Talked to my friend in China this morning to get the straight poop.  She said the same thing about toilet paper over there, people are fighting over it and have been for weeks.  Same as in Hong Kong.  Now looks like there is going to be a global shortage of toilet paper...I'm going to start selling mine on the street corner by the individual square.

She has a place in Shenzhen but won't go back there right now.  She also just bought a house along the ocean so is sitting on the beach.  Yes, she is smart and made a lot of money through the years.  Don't know exactly where but she said no new cases there for over a week now and it is dying down in that location. Places are opening back up now. 

Dave..

• Like 1