Anyone Here Stocking Up?

DrB

24 minutes ago, Historian said:

Never....ever...did anyone who looks like that...work in the same place as me.

I get stuck with people that look like St. Joe Friday.

Me either.  It's just an old man's rambling and dreams. First star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight. ......…………………….  I'm going to die so what do I have to lose!

• Like 2

On 3/21/2020 at 4:32 PM, Historian said:

Thanks Doc.  They are going to have to pry my job from me.    When i gave an oath...i meant it.

Hey Doc!  The test came back negative! 

My close contact...who...as pretty as she is...did not infect me!  At least with the corona!

She is a fiercely intelligent, strong willed, blonde babe.  Have mercy....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Historian said:

Would have been fun to try to explain to my wife how a 24 year old blonde girl infected me.  ?

Six feet, sweetie!  She was supposed to stay at least six feet away!

(smack)

I'll be out back having a cigar.

With that smug look of cleverness!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Historian said:

Hey Doc!  The test came back negative! 

My close contact...who...as pretty as she is...did not infect me!  At least with the corona!

She is a fiercely intelligent, strong willed, blonde babe.  Have mercy....

Glad to hear, stay safe.  I am working from home now for the next two weeks. 

Dave..

2 hours ago, DrB said:

Glad to hear, stay safe.  I am working from home now for the next two weeks. 

Dave..

Me, too, sir.   Yeah, i can do a good portion of my job from home but not all.  It's the nature of the job. Declared essential, regardless of what my paycheck says.

The wife is a post transplant cardiology nurse.  She has regular contact with all sorts of patients. 

To be fair i truly enjoyed waking up about 6:00 AM and having coffee on the back porch and watching the sunlight filter through the trees slow turning from dark to purple to gray to light.   I have always enjoyed this curious time of day.

The coffee was amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a road killed moose right across the highway from my shop this morning when I showed up there. A yearling. I heard the shot at 6:30 am when the Trooper dispatched it. At the time didn't know what the shot was about. Later, I saw it on the shoulder with a flare burning when I went to get the KW. Between the pavement and the huge snow berm. I considered firing up the loader with the forks and moving it into my parking lot so whoever came to salvage it wouldn't be doing it in the road. I hooked the compressor to the KW and made air. Fired that mother up and backed it out. Pulled the F150 in and closed the door. Dicked around in the shop a bit while glancing at the loader and still thinking about moving the carcass,. Looked at the clock. Better think about hitting the road. When I pulled out in the KW, some dude in an F250 crew cab and a tilt trailer was out there winching it up. He was parked right in the road. I could have beat him to it. Already have plenty in the freezer though.

4 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I went to work today. Hauling. Stayed away from people right up until I voluntarily got out of the KW to help repair a piece of equipment that was broke down. I wore my work gloves.

You are probably safe.  Very few people will get next to "work".

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, janice6 said:

You are probably safe.  Very few people will get next to "work".

I know where all the govt subsidized apartments are. Drove past one that had a row of extremely rotund women standing out front. In their pajamas. All smoking cigarettes. They were keeping up the 6' spacing. But I'm pretty sure none of those tubbys had ever had a job. Probably ever. I'd bet every one of them had an Obama phone though. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1