Anyone Here Stocking Up?

DrB

Was in Waslmart this morning and noticed that some of the cold/flu medicine was empty and folks buying..  I needed to get paper towels and noticed not much toilet paper on the shelves. Don't know if they were going to restock things or if it was all they had.  I did notice also the huge carts of stuff in the checkout lanes.

Dave..

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zonny said:

Isn't Walmart always like that at the first of the month?

Good point, I don't know. I did not see the usual steaks and lobster in the carts at the first,  Just staples, made me wonder. 

• Like 1

I'm always stocked up.  I was curious about panic buying, so I went to Amazon and found a lot of prep foods were out of stock.  

I went to make my bimonthly ammo purchase, and noticed that there were a lot of shotgun ammo brands out of stock, but 5.56 seemed to be good.  Just when prices got lower and shelves got full, up jumps a situation that might cause a panic.  

• Like 3

I did pick up a twenty pound bag of rice the other day.  It was about twice the price of a five pound bag, so I figured why not.  If I run out of toilet paper, I can clean up with a little watering can like some other cultures do. But, people get mean when their stomachs are empty. 

s-l300.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

I did pick up a twenty pound bag of rice the other day.  It was about twice the price of a five pound bag, so I figured why not.  If I run out of toilet paper, I can clean up with a little watering can like some other cultures do. But, people get mean when their stomachs are empty. 

s-l300.jpg

I haven't bought TP in years, and the last batch I mostly use on my nose and spiders. 

Best $25 I ever spent.  

https://www.amazon.com/Greenco-Non-Electric-Mechanical-Toilet-Attachment/dp/B01A17T3N6/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=joy+bidet&qid=1583092825&sr=8-4

71a4oDdx6-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PPQer said:

I haven't bought TP in years, and the last batch I mostly use on my nose and spiders. 

Best $25 I ever spent.  

https://www.amazon.com/Greenco-Non-Electric-Mechanical-Toilet-Attachment/dp/B01A17T3N6/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=joy+bidet&qid=1583092825&sr=8-4

71a4oDdx6-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Nice water fountain but how do you get a drink from that??  Seems to me that it would spray you in the face or do you get a cup and dip??

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, DrB said:

Nice water fountain but how do you get a drink from that??  Seems to me that it would spray you in the face or do you get a cup and dip??

It's really handy after a night of heavy drinking.  After you vomit, you can rinse your mouth out without fouling the sink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

I did pick up a twenty pound bag of rice the other day

Same here.  Was much cheaper than the small packages.  I will divide it out in freezer bags and give some away.

Dave..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

A young moose strolled through my place a bit ago. If my freezer wasn't full and the panic was on, I'd hose it on the spot.

Gotta do what ya gotta do. Wouldn't be the first yard dinner you've bagged.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

A young moose strolled through my place a bit ago. If my freezer wasn't full and the panic was on, I'd hose it on the spot.

Heard when I was little.  Farmer says I shot a Deer that was in the barn. Other farmer says, how far in the barn was it.  First farmer says ah, I reckon about 100 yards.

• Haha 1