Jump to content
Zonny

Losing my job!

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Whatever you do, please don't go postal on them. LOL.

Nah. Not much chance of that. I'm thankful for a 10 year great job and just as thankful to be leaving.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I could still get around, I volunteered at the USO at DFW airprort.

I thoroughly enjoyed visiting and talking with the young service people and they liked our doughnuts and coffee.

When I was traveling a lot, if I spotted service people,  I always made it a point to  grab them and buy them a meal and if they refused, shake their hands and thank them.

I remember what it was like to sit in strange airports.

Since she retired, my sister volunteers at an animal shelter a few days a week.

I kid her that getting to play with kittens and puppies all day must be such a tough job.  :biggrin:

You'll find your way, ma'am.

Just remember to nap.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, tous said:

When I could still get around, I volunteered at the USO at DFW airprort.

I thoroughly enjoyed visiting and talking with the young service people and they liked our doughnuts and coffee.

When I was traveling a lot, if I spotted service people,  I always made it a point to  grab them and buy them a meal and if they refused, shake their hands and thank them.

I remember what it was like to sit in strange airports.

Since she retired, my sister volunteers at an animal shelter a few days a week.

I kid her that getting to play with kittens and puppies all day must be such a tough job.  :biggrin:

You'll find your way, ma'am.

Just remember to nap.

 

Kittens and/or puppies are more addictive than any chemical compounded by man.  They exude pure love.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 5:57 PM, Zonny said:

Yeah, I was planning on doing so in June. This works too. My company is moving it's entire accounting dept to the office in PA. They actually asked me if I wanted to move but I don't think it was a serious offer. I would not consider it anyway.

I'm sure I'll find something to do part-time eventually. Not right away. Have some projects I want done around the house and a bit of traveling to do first ;)

 

 

You can finally come up to Vegas. 😉

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

X-ing guard for the school.

No way. 5 days per week; hour in the AM and hour in the PM? Ties up your whole day for just a bit of money. If I’m going to work, it would be maybe two days per week. 6-8 hours per. Volunteering will be flexible. 
 

We shall see...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Zonny said:

No way. 5 days per week; hour in the AM and hour in the PM? Ties up your whole day for just a bit of money. If I’m going to work, it would be maybe two days per week. 6-8 hours per. Volunteering will be flexible. 
 

We shall see...

Address this as all humanity has done for eons.  Be strong and fight any urge to work. 

This affliction is lessened by frequent Naps.  If you need help in this area, your near many experts in this field.  Help is available if you just ask...………….  After, we get up from our naps though!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Address this as all humanity has done for eons.  Be strong and fight any urge to work. 

This affliction is lessened by frequent Naps.  If you need help in this area, your near many experts in this field.  Help is available if you just ask...………….  After, we get up from our naps though!

Im just hoping I learn to sleep past 4AM  :(

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zonny said:

Im just hoping I learn to sleep past 4AM  :(

You will be surprised, that with due diligence and perseverance, you won't even recognize another human being till after 11 AM.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Ease on out to the cabin in the canyon.

Yes!  Run away, Run away!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Ease on out to the cabin in the canyon.

In Kingman? They sold that property. A few more in the family now.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Retirement tip #1.

If you lose your coffee cup and it's not in the microwave, it's in the refrigerator.

Don't ask.

It'll be in there.

:fred:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tous said:

Retirement tip #1.

If you lose your coffee cup and it's not in the microwave, it's in the refrigerator.

Don't ask.

It'll be in there.

:fred:

 

Wisdom of the aged!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zonny said:

Im just hoping I learn to sleep past 4AM  :(

I've been retired for a while and STILL wake up at 4a.m. every day. tom. :fred:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, deputy tom said:

I've been retired for a while and STILL wake up at 4a.m. every day. tom. :fred:

That will be me too. Old dogs and new tricks I suppose. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...