Losing my job!

Zonny

When I could still get around, I volunteered at the USO at DFW airprort.

I thoroughly enjoyed visiting and talking with the young service people and they liked our doughnuts and coffee.

When I was traveling a lot, if I spotted service people,  I always made it a point to  grab them and buy them a meal and if they refused, shake their hands and thank them.

I remember what it was like to sit in strange airports.

Since she retired, my sister volunteers at an animal shelter a few days a week.

I kid her that getting to play with kittens and puppies all day must be such a tough job.  :biggrin:

You'll find your way, ma'am.

Just remember to nap.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, tous said:

When I could still get around, I volunteered at the USO at DFW airprort.

I thoroughly enjoyed visiting and talking with the young service people and they liked our doughnuts and coffee.

When I was traveling a lot, if I spotted service people,  I always made it a point to  grab them and buy them a meal and if they refused, shake their hands and thank them.

I remember what it was like to sit in strange airports.

Since she retired, my sister volunteers at an animal shelter a few days a week.

I kid her that getting to play with kittens and puppies all day must be such a tough job.  :biggrin:

You'll find your way, ma'am.

Just remember to nap.

Kittens and/or puppies are more addictive than any chemical compounded by man.  They exude pure love.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2020 at 5:57 PM, Zonny said:

Yeah, I was planning on doing so in June. This works too. My company is moving it's entire accounting dept to the office in PA. They actually asked me if I wanted to move but I don't think it was a serious offer. I would not consider it anyway.

I'm sure I'll find something to do part-time eventually. Not right away. Have some projects I want done around the house and a bit of traveling to do first ;)

You can finally come up to Vegas. ?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

X-ing guard for the school.

No way. 5 days per week; hour in the AM and hour in the PM? Ties up your whole day for just a bit of money. If I’m going to work, it would be maybe two days per week. 6-8 hours per. Volunteering will be flexible. 

We shall see...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Zonny said:

No way. 5 days per week; hour in the AM and hour in the PM? Ties up your whole day for just a bit of money. If I’m going to work, it would be maybe two days per week. 6-8 hours per. Volunteering will be flexible. 

We shall see...

Address this as all humanity has done for eons.  Be strong and fight any urge to work. 

This affliction is lessened by frequent Naps.  If you need help in this area, your near many experts in this field.  Help is available if you just ask...………….  After, we get up from our naps though!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Address this as all humanity has done for eons.  Be strong and fight any urge to work. 

This affliction is lessened by frequent Naps.  If you need help in this area, your near many experts in this field.  Help is available if you just ask...………….  After, we get up from our naps though!

Im just hoping I learn to sleep past 4AM  :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1