Remember The SHOT Show Gun Theft Last Year?

Eric

• Administrators

Last year, some d-bag stole 65 guns and 35 silencers from the SHOT Show in Las Vegas. I just read an article from last September concerning his conviction.

Get this, he was plea bargained down to the theft of one firearm and got 2 years. I cannot freaking believe that.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/local/las-vegas-man-sentenced-to-years-for-stealing-firearms-from/article_2419fb60-db22-11e9-9495-6f0670718738.html

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

36 minutes ago, Eric said:

Last year, some d-bag stole 65 guns and 35 silencers from the SHOT Show in Las Vegas. I just read an article from last September concerning his conviction.

Get this, he was plea bargained down to the theft of one firearm and got 2 years. I cannot freaking believe that.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/local/las-vegas-man-sentenced-to-years-for-stealing-firearms-from/article_2419fb60-db22-11e9-9495-6f0670718738.html

But......

he also got 1,000 Hours of Community Service........

seems like Illegal Possession of a Machine Gun is`nt really that bad...........for some...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Eric said:

How is it that if I were that crook, I would die in prison...……….  It seems to me that only some of us are subject to the "full force of the law".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eric said:

Remember. It’s not about guns. It’s about control. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ASH said:

one of the unbelievable ones here in NC   , years ago man stole a b/w tv from a house ,  he spent over 30 years in jail .  finally got out bout 10 years ago i think

hell i found the story lol  . .  

https://www.deseret.com/2005/5/29/19894849/man-released-after-35-years-in-n-c-prison-for-stealing-tv

In California now (the state?) (just some cities?),  shoplifting less than $100 is not a crime.  If you get out of the door,  they have to let you walk away.

I haven't even tried,  but I think I could do that twenty, or forty, times per day.

• Haha 2

On 2/15/2020 at 9:19 PM, Huaco Kid said:

In California now (the state?) (just some cities?),  shoplifting less than $100 is not a crime.  If you get out of the door,  they have to let you walk away.

I haven't even tried,  but I think I could do that twenty, or forty, times per day.

Think some places it is under $1000...

On 2/14/2020 at 5:46 PM, Eric said:

He’s now a felon thus a prohibited person, that’s all the leftists care about. If the leftists have their way, we all will be prohibited by way of the most obscure or archaic laws. 

Edited by NPTim
  • Like 1

A lot of this varies regionally and with the judge who hears the case...in my jurisdiction it's pretty modest how people are treated.   One county South is another county in another district.   No one wants to commit a crime there.

Hell, i worked in yet a third county and we used to chase them into the Southern county because their deputies had the ability and clearance from their sheriff to know feeling suspects off the road.

My county couldn't afford to fix the cars.  So we just chased them into the other county.  We purchased our own firearms back then.  The NRA helped buy me a vest that looked like it would work rather that the older one that looked like it was capable of giving me a disease.

• Like 1

Volunteered in a prison for four years. Basically adjunct to release programs for guys close to getting out. I saw a lot of selective enforcement of the law and selective punishments. 

Saw real dirtbags serve token sentences because they were connected to someone with pull. The original sentence may have been extremely long and that is what was reported and everyone was happy. But sentences get reduced at every turn until it is just a slap on the wrist. No one ever reported the actual time served or the lack of probation after. 

I also saw one guy serve 276% of his original sentence. All he needed to do was finish his release program (classes and counseling sessions) and he was automatically out.

Every time he got close to finishing he was transferred to a different facility that did not have his program. Basically a holding facility in the center of the state for excess population. Then transferred back and he had to start all over because he did not successfully complete the program in the allotted time. 

He was convicted of a crime related to prescription drug addiction after having his back broken in a car crash when a city official ran a red light. He had also run for mayor in the same small town and lost. The mayor he ran against covered up the city involvement in the crash and used his influence to keep him in jail until after he was out of office. 

Justice is not blind. 

4 hours ago, janice6 said:

It still appears to be very selective in the degree of punishment.

It is.  Usually the punishment is, at least in Texas, based on the facts of the case and the circumstances of the perpetrator. Your state’s mileage may vary. 

Edited by UHLAWPUP
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Historian said:

A lot of this varies regionally and with the judge who hears the case...in my jurisdiction it's pretty modest how people are treated.   One county South is another county in another district.   No one wants to commit a crime there.

Hell, i worked in yet a third county and we used to chase them into the Southern county because their deputies had the ability and clearance from their sheriff to know feeling suspects off the road.

My county couldn't afford to fix the cars.  So we just chased them into the other county.  We purchased our own firearms back then.  The NRA helped buy me a vest that looked like it would work rather that the older one that looked like it was capable of giving me a disease.

Funny how that works out, huh?  When miscreants know there will be consequences for what they do, they're less inclined to do it.  Who'd a thunk?!?

-Pat

• Like 2