devildog2067

I got elected partner today

On 2/10/2020 at 7:55 AM, SC Tiger said:

Congratulations.

Am I to assume, then, that you decided to not go into the space program manager thing?

I thought real, real hard about it. Ultimately what made the decision for me was the realization that I would have to move my family not once (which I was willing to consider) but probably multiple times if I wanted to have a real career there.

This job wasn’t on the radar yet then, but as it turns out being a PwC partner pays 2x as much and comes with a pension so it feels like it’s worked out.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, devildog2067 said:

I thought real, real hard about it. Ultimately what made the decision for me was the realization that I would have to move my family not once (which I was willing to consider) but probably multiple times if I wanted to have a real career there.

This job wasn’t on the radar yet then, but as it turns out being a PwC partner pays 2x as much and comes with a pension so it feels like it’s worked out.

I'd say it did.  Congrats again.

Moving a family sucks.  I don't blame you for passing on that - especially if you would have had to do it multiple times. 

Besides - you'd have to put up with Tous and Aircarver wanting you to help with their black-hole-powered space ship side project. Which might be fun but I get the feeling it will be made out of an old Maxima and have a lot of used pinball machine and microwave oven parts. :anim_rofl2:

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I lurked over at the old place for years and years, and do indeed remember some of your threads. 

Congratulations - can't help but be happy to see someone work and make success for themselves. 

Enjoy, take a breath, and then start planning the next step!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats, DD.  You've certainly worked hard over the years - nice to see that hard work being rewarded, and good things happening to someone who truly deserves them.

Here's wishing you success in your new gig - you'll no doubt do well.

-Pat

• Thanks 1

Great Job Brother! A very well deserved event.

Take a moment and soak it in. Life never seems to go in a straight line for long.

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2020 at 9:57 PM, Rabbi said:

Holy ****! Mazel Tov!

Holy *****!  Rabbi's back!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Holy *****!  Rabbi's back!

I was never that far away. Anyways, this is Devildogs thread and it really is a momentous occasion!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Rabbi said:

I was never that far away. Anyways, this is Devildogs thread and it really is a momentous occasion!

Yes it is.

I worked for Price Waterhouse back in the 1960s. Making partner even then was - as one would expect - extremely rare. 

So you are exceptional. Congratulations!

• Like 1