Anyone prepping for a pandemic?

5 hours ago, Andy P said:

Exactly and the idiots who cough in their hands. It is disgusting. :rant2:

Stay away from the stores right around the first of the month when all the EBT cards get reloaded. The 'unwashed masses' is an under statement. And you're paying for it. Bernie would have you paying more.

• Like 2

Not really.

I might get some canned food, but I'm sure it wouldn't be enough for months without normal shopping. I'm thinking if the S really HTF, then water and electricity are major concerns. If enough people are sick, we might lose power and clean water. That's when we'd know we're in trouble.

I got a Mustang and an AR15.......I've been waiting for this for a looooong time.

Edited by M&P15T

Nah!  I'm old and I have seen all this many times in the past.  It is impossible to live in any metropolitan area and have no contact with strangers. 

I have lived through, Measles, Various Pox's, Polio, Influenzas, and the myriad of other illnesses. 

I have learned that to fear what might be, is to live in fear all your life. 

You do the best you can and piss on the rest.  Que sera, sera.  (there, I also have appropriated another's culture)

• Like 3

Well, since we have flu in the house (the husband acquired it on his trip to California), he's quarantining himself away from the rest of us... but that means I'm fighting the mastiff for the right to sleep on the couch... anyway, I'm off to restock my usual 2 month toilet paper supply, order the new genny, and get the water softener scheduled to be installed sooner rather than later.  I just moved the timetable up slightly so I can get it all done before coronavirus really gets going here.  And I'll lay in a second month's worth of animal feed on Friday, just because we have the money this month.  By May, there will be enough bugs, etc available to keep the chickens going free-range without supplementation is necessary.  Ditto the rabbits.  Other than that, I'm not doing much different.  We already have 3+ months of food stored, and enough chickens and rabbits on the farm, and deer, turkey, squirrel, etc in the woods, that food isn't really my big issue.  It would take a power outage lasting more than 3 months for me to be disturbed, which I don't see coronavirus doing.  Mostly, I'm already prepared for this kind of an event, so I'm not changing much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Well, since we have flu in the house (the husband acquired it on his trip to California), he's quarantining himself away from the rest of us... but that means I'm fighting the mastiff for the right to sleep on the couch... anyway, I'm off to restock my usual 2 month toilet paper supply, order the new genny, and get the water softener scheduled to be installed sooner rather than later.  I just moved the timetable up slightly so I can get it all done before coronavirus really gets going here.  And I'll lay in a second month's worth of animal feed on Friday, just because we have the money this month.  By May, there will be enough bugs, etc available to keep the chickens going free-range without supplementation is necessary.  Ditto the rabbits.  Other than that, I'm not doing much different.  We already have 3+ months of food stored, and enough chickens and rabbits on the farm, and deer, turkey, squirrel, etc in the woods, that food isn't really my big issue.  It would take a power outage lasting more than 3 months for me to be disturbed, which I don't see coronavirus doing.  Mostly, I'm already prepared for this kind of an event, so I'm not changing much.

Similar but no livestock other than my dogs.  I also have lots and lots of food for them. The hardest part will be keeping my CPA wife away from other people during tax season.

• Like 1

1.1 million people in the US have Aids.   ~675,000 people in the US have died from it,  with about 16,000 dying each year.

Where's the panic?  The fear?  The dooooooooom?

Oh,  I get it....  People stopped paying attention to that and the mainstream media moved on to some thing else.

Where'd the Ebola go, anyway?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NPTim said:

Exactly this. I wonder if it’s an NP thing.

Amigo, it is funny- I have no doubt that we could pool our intellect and resources, and build quite a fancy little compound to ride out a plague. But at this point (45+), do we really WANT to survive it? Sure seems like a lot of work.

On a totally unrelated note, I actually had a good night at work as an NP tonight. Working with a different group of providers, who actually taught and answered questions, and laid out expectations in line with my skills and experience. So, I'll probably be down for the count with the corona by this time next week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tadbart said:

Amigo, it is funny- I have no doubt that we could pool our intellect and resources, and build quite a fancy little compound to ride out a plague. But at this point (45+), do we really WANT to survive it? Sure seems like a lot of work.

On a totally unrelated note, I actually had a good night at work as an NP tonight. Working with a different group of providers, who actually taught and answered questions, and laid out expectations in line with my skills and experience. So, I'll probably be down for the count with the corona by this time next week.

Hit the Emergen C.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

1.1 million people in the US have Aids.   ~675,000 people in the US have died from it,  with about 16,000 dying each year.

Where's the panic?  The fear?  The dooooooooom?

Oh,  I get it....  People stopped paying attention to that and the mainstream media moved on to some thing else.

Where'd the Ebola go, anyway?

Those were last week's stories.  Now, we have something else to wail and Flagellate ourselves over.

If you lived through the Polio Epidemic, you become hardened to the threat posed by illness.  I had childhood friends I played with that went away and never came back.  It was in every neighborhood, among many of the children.  In spite of playing together, not all of us caught the affliction.

Do your best and pee on everything else!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Those were last week's stories.  Now, we have something else to wail and Flagellate ourselves over.

If you lived through the Polio Epidemic, you become hardened to the threat posed by illness.  I had childhood friends I played with that went away and never came back.  It was in every neighborhood, among many of the children.  In spite of playing together, not all of us caught the affliction.

No, but we all caught a cold. And the flu. Those are corona viruses. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve had a very irritating day, not a bad day where bad things happen, I’m just irritated as hell and have the patience of a prisoner on anabolic steroids. Any way, this made me smile: If you find yourself in a ridiculously long line, just caught and say, “wow this cough has gotten bad since I got back from China.” :anim_rofl2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NPTim said:

I’ve had a very irritating day, not a bad day where bad things happen, I’m just irritated as hell and have the patience of a prisoner on anabolic steroids. Any way, this made me smile: If you find yourself in a ridiculously long line, just caught and say, “wow this cough has gotten bad since I got back from China.” :anim_rofl2:

I like your outlook!

• Like 2

I like to lurk on Democrat Underground.  Holy moly!

Take a look at the "general discussion" page.  lol.  They have already surpassed the demise of mankind. 

And if you even type "coronavirus" with your keyboard,  you have to burn the laptop and dump a bag of lye on it.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, janice6 said:

The Bubonic plague approves of this post.

Live every day as if it were going to be your last; for one day you're sure to be right.  -  Harry Harbord Morant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I like to lurk on Democrat Underground.  Holy moly!

Take a look at the "general discussion" page.  lol.  They have already surpassed the demise of mankind. 

And if you even type "coronavirus" with your keyboard,  you have to burn the laptop and dump a bag of lye on it.

They really have set a "high bar" for unadulterated panic.  Just wait for the election results.  The wailing and gnashing of teeth.  They will eat their own, desperately placing blame on each other for losing.

Not one of them will accept that they fielded an inept bunch of losers running only on the plank that they are not him.

After the election, each and every one of the Democrat candidates will be wishing they were him!

• Like 2