Anyone prepping for a pandemic?

Guess I'm ready.

Got a bit of food in the pantry.

Got a good clean supply of water.

Could bug out to one of the cabins if I had to, but not sure that would help anything.

I have masks for working in my shop, extra cartridges and disposable, those should work.

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

I've been toughening up my physical resistance by flying through the Atlanta airport for the last several weeks and wandering around for hours.

Last week,  I noticed an obvious lack of Asians.  Either they all died,  or Trump's travel ban is working.

If you want an Asian to come cough on you, to help with building up resistance, I'm happy to.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I picked up hand sanitizer and a couple jumbo packs of exam gloves. Next will be cartridges for my respirators. I'm not waiting till the panic hits and this stuff is unavailable. Oh, and my pantry is over flowing. You ready? Or do you have your head in the sand?

I still have a good supply of respirators and filters from my car painting days.

5 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I picked up hand sanitizer and a couple jumbo packs of exam gloves. Next will be cartridges for my respirators. I'm not waiting till the panic hits and this stuff is unavailable. Oh, and my pantry is over flowing. You ready? Or do you have your head in the sand?

We're all moving in with you and your supply of pandemic emergency stuff, so we don't need to worry.

They actually have sand in Alaska?

:biggrin:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UHLAWPUP said:

Hand sanitizer doesn’t work on viruses.  Face masks are of questionable value.

Enjoy your toys!

Where did you get that info?  It works just fine on some viruses, probably not so well on others.  Sun kills them all. 

Face masks are mostly to keep you from touching your face, I would guess they do very little to stop airborne bugs.

Best to just stay away from sick people.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

Where did you get that info?  It works just fine on some viruses, probably not so well on others.  Sun kills them all. 

Face masks are mostly to keep you from touching your face, I would guess they do very little to stop airborne bugs.

Best to just stay away from sick people.

Some medical professional on the internet.  Could have been CDC.  Use your Google-fu.