Non Shotgun/Shotgun

DrB

After my house was broken into, I realized that my trusted police 870 I bought in the 70's is sort of unwieldy in the house. Great on the farm and outside though and I love it.

I am looking at a semi auto non firearm such as the Remington TAC-13 in semi auto based on their V3 shotgun.  Yes I know, new Remington and all the crap they are getting.  I don't want a pump . I am used to model 12 Winchesters and Remington's with the cross bolt safety so not interested in the tang safety on top.  Why I want a semi auto is for the reduced recoil.  I used to hunt with a 1100 and it was of soft recoil.

I also see that Black Aces Tactical has a couple of semi autos in their Pro Series S line.

I live in the country so not concerned about over penetration and all that.  The only thing I'm concerned about is penetrating the bad guy

Anyone have any experience with the Remington or the Black Aces or recommendations?

Dave..

I also prefer semi-autos to pump shotguns but I think a handgun is better for close quarters defense and semi-auto handguns are generally more reliable than Semi-auto shotguns.

And my choice for a handgun would be a Glock 21 loaded with 14 rounds of Plus+P Winchester Ranger or Federal HST 230 grain HST's which is almost double the ammo capacity of a short barreled shotgun.

As far as these short bird's head grip shotguns, I wish that either Benelli or Mossberg would make versions of them because those are two semi-autos that I would trust for 100%reliability. I also think the 20 gauge is more than adequately powerful for defensive use and is more controllable for repeat shots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Borg warner said:

As far as these short bird's head grip shotguns, I wish that either Benelli or Mossberg would make versions of them because those are two semi-autos that I would trust for 100%reliability. I

If Benelli made one I would be looking at that.    As far as Glocks, they do not fit me.  I have a 35 and the grip does not fit my hands.  I am generally not a polymer, striker fired fan but I do admit I bought a Sig 365. It fits me perfect so there is that.  Like it so much that  it has become my carry pistol.  It works for me and I am looking at the XL for the house....

Still want a short shotgun though.

Dave.