Who are the BS fishermen?

Al Czervik

Mybuddy took this one morning a few years ago as he trolled over.  When I'm home and the lake ain't frozen, I'm in the boat almost every day.  Small mouthsmostly but thow the boat on the trailer and hit the landlocked salmon lakes in the spring.

TYCard-13R (1).jpg

• Like 2

Freshwater fish in Idaho for everything except Sturgeon.

I bought a little pontoon raft thingy and it is the greatest thing since sliced bread for river and small lake fishing.  $300 from Costco 5 years ago and still holding up.

Went up and fished the Couer D'Alene river in North Idaho a couple of weeks ago for catch and release Cutthroat trout.  I fish for the fun and relaxation.  There are better places for bigger fish much closer to me, but there is no other river more clear, pristine, and beautiful...

KNHQIJ75K6aDtjNIuHQm9jXWQausRh9Ht498vNprZCwpX92IB.jpg

IMG_20180623_122750424.jpg

100_0812.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bass fisherman here. Did the weekend and Tuesday evening pot tournaments and local bass club thing for several years. 

Burned out on it fishing at that level. It became work instead of a fun hobby and haven’t fished as much since. 

My boy is almost old enough to start teaching him the basics and I’m planning to get back into it soon, but at a much more leisurely pace. 

I got tired of spending the money pulling a boat all around the state and paying into tourny’s that I never won. But on the other I got to fish some of the best bass lakes in the country and learn from some very knowledgeable guys. 

• 1 month later...

After living in SoCal since June 1961 until November 2011, I fished The High Sierras, all of SoCal shoreline in my 52" Grady White out of Dana and my 38' out of Newport Dunes.

I've never used bait - won't do it and I only throw hardware - spoons, shrimp flies (with no bait) and for all kinds of bass (stripers, large and small mouths) in SoCal impounds and rivers and streams - I am now living in Montana where so far I've only been exposed to trout.

Now - don't get me wrong - there is some finesse involved, but I'd rather throw a Baby Torpedo or a Rattletrap or a Jerkbait on the surface instead of tossing hardware at trout. The closest I get to bait is Uncle Josh's pork, but they don't work in Montana at all.

I'd love to find some new Crappie-John's but since he died, I guess that's outta the question. Oh well...... anybody got any they'd like to get rid of?

I'm fishing outta a 17'6" single person, river canoe this year - and I like it a lot. I didn't get to float it as much as I wanted this past summer - and it's now almost freezing and another canoe season is gone bye bye. Let's pray for an Indian Summer in the low to mid 90F temps!

I've decided that I'm saving fly fishing for when I cannot catch fish any more. It'll be  a break from actually catching and then taking fish off the hook.

The pix below is of me in Big Hole, MT a year ago. It's kinda hard to carry poles, a backpack a G20.4 and a camera. I'll try better next time.

IMG_20161007_161851272.jpg

On 7/1/2018 at 2:36 PM, FullClip said:

Mybuddy took this one morning a few years ago as he trolled over.  When I'm home and the lake ain't frozen, I'm in the boat almost every day.  Small mouthsmostly but thow the boat on the trailer and hit the landlocked salmon lakes in the spring.

TYCard-13R (1).jpg

Where do you live? 

Also, what's it like fishing landlocked salmon?? What size do they get? 

• 2 weeks later...

Bass. 

Did the Bass Club tournament thing for several years. It was fun, but fishing for money became more work than my real job. 

I have backed off now. I burned out on it and have let shooting take the place of fishing the last couple of years. My boy is getting about the age to learn, so soon I will start fishing again but at a much more leisurely pace. 

.....and I don’t BS. Photos and digital scale readout or it didn’t happen.  

• 1 month later...
Wow!  Those are awesome!  We have some decent bass fishing around here, but I never got into it.  Have never caught anything even half the size you guys have.  Respect.
Thanks! My son is a bass killer and al.ost ready to turn pro, just needs a few more sponsors.2441b784b036f085ee0320baecb97f77.jpgaed2f1563fe33ecd4de163dafa76e920.jpg38045ef46564cb99b00a5566f2e4cea5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 1