I just picked up my new Shadow 2!

jmohme

I ordered it last Friday and it came in on Thursday, but I somehow missed the email until last night.

I brought it home about an hour ago, field stripped it to give it a good cleaning and some oil. loaded as snap cap and did some dry fire. The trigger is sweet!

Shadow2.jpg

The bad news is that I start a 4 week show this week and am not sure how I am going to get time to try it out. ?

I will be taking it with me. There is a range not far from the show grounds, so maybe I can squeeze in a little range time if I am lucky.

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmohme said:

I ordered it last Friday and it came in on Thursday, but I somehow missed the email until last night.

I brought it home about an hour ago, field stripped it to give it a good cleaning and some oil. loaded as snap cap and did some dry fire. The trigger is sweet!

Shadow2.jpg

The bad news is that I start a 4 week show this week and am not sure how I am going to get time to try it out. ?

I will be taking it with me. There is a range not far from the show grounds, so maybe I can squeeze in a little range time if I am lucky.

I like that...  Nice looking....

Dave..

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to sneak off to the range for a few quick shots with the new Shadow 2.

I had taken it with me to the horse show and got some dry firing in, but it was not until Monday that I finally got to runs some real ammo through it.

First off the trigger is nearly perfect, if not almost too light. It has less than 3/16 inch of take up in single action and consistently breaks at 2lb 11oz.

The red fiber optic sight is great for my tired old eyes, and even though the gun seems really heavy, it balances very well and is incredibly easy to hold on target.

I ran one magazine through it at 10 yards just to get a feel for it before running the target out to 15.

I don't think this too bad for a shaky old guy on the first trip out with the new CZ! I think I could get used to this!

IMG_0957.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, army_eod said:

Yep. A great gun. I picked mine up recently. 
Heavy it is. Installed LOK grips. 

DFDA1D7B-48CA-4EB1-8AD8-42D419F05FE1.jpeg

I did a lot of reading about various CZ models before deciding on a Shadow 2. I did see a lot of mention of the LOK grips and would be very interested in any comment you might have regarding them.

The aluminum grips on my Shadow 2, while not as comfortable as the Houge grips on my CZ75b, are still nice and have a very positive, no slip feel to them. Are the LOK grips a substantial improvement over the grips that come on the Shadow?