Damn, My house got broken into.

DrB

****, Piss and all that..  Damn F...ing Tweakers.  I'm out in the country.   happened Wed. but I am still dealing with the crap.  All the security you can have and then the god dam..ed mother f..ker, tweakers smash and grab. 

I learned a lot of what works to keep the good things to stay ...  hiding thing in plain site and such   I'm pissed....

The good thing no guns gone.  Safes work against the tweakers smash and grab.  First thing the Sheriff's Deputy asked is if any firearms were taken.

Damn...   Dave..

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

18 minutes ago, Zonny said:

Sorry. It's a horrible feeling to know someone unknown to you was in your home, going through your personal things. 

Happened to me many years ago and it took awhile to get past it.

Thanks....  Even though it was a few days ago, I'm still pissed when cleaning up..  But I did learn from Sun Tzo writings "The Art of War".

Decoys and other things to turn the eye away do work... At last some of his principles I applied through the years did work here.  That is one good thing that did make me smile.

Even out of the worst I found something to smile about.....

Dave..

• Like 3

I i interrupted a burglary at my house in N.J.

I putzed around in my car in the driveway for about two minutes. They were hightailing it out my back door, where they had gained entrance.

I was taking a leak when i noticed my closet doors and ALL my drawers open. Cut the stream off in mid-pee! Noticed my pistol laying out, they didn't take it. I cleared the house with it after i checked it was still loaded.

Cops arrived, pointed out burnt matches everywhere. They used them instead of turning lights on. Thank God they didn't burn the place down!

Edited by BamaBud
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, BamaBud said:

I i interrupted a burglary at my house in N.J.

I putzed around in my car in the driveway for about two minutes. They were hightailing it out my back door, where they had gained entrance.

I was taking a leak when i noticed my closet doors and ALL my drawers open. Cut the stream off in mid-pee! Noticed my pistol laying out, they didn't take it. I cleared the house with it after i checked it was still loaded.

Cops arrived, pointed out burnt matches everywhere. They used them instead of turning lights on. Thank God they didn't burn the place down!

They had about a 2 hour window here.  The art of deception, decoy, and and hiding in plain sight did work here.  The tweaker got mostly trinkets

• Like 2

I don't know how long they had, but they had found almost everything of value. My silver dollar collection (150+ coins), my pistol, my electronics were all unplugged and sitting on top of where they were normally stored.

Didn't take any of it, so that's why I'm sure i scared them off.

Neighbor was a locksmith, bought my first safe the next day from him, and he helped me "harden" my house for free! Good guy!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, holyjohnson said:

i`m Glad your Okay and hope your alright if you know what i mean.

Sucks but i`m Glad no firearms were stolen and that no one was hurt.

can`t stand Junkies and i hate Thieves.

Hope you get your stuff back and the thieves rot.

Yes thanks.  No one got hurt and my dog was at doggie day care. Now I have to go to Wallmart and get a bunch of more costume jewelry to put in the box.

They looked at at an old Crossman pellet pistol I had from when I was a boy.  Threw that down but overlooked some other things more worthy nearby.

The art of deception did work here.. 

Edited by DrB
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Saw in the newspaper I think they my have found the creep who broke into my house.  Known in several counties for breaking and entering. Has extensive record but keeps getting released by the liberal judges here.

Seems he was driving around house without lights at night around houses and it got called in.  He came back to his parked car off the road and started yelling at the folks with flashlights looking in "Hey It's my car".  Thought it was the homeowners looking around with flashlights....  Wrong It was the Sheriff's Deputies... A chase ensued needless to say.  K9 dog and a drone involved to find. Dog lost the sent so the called a drone in.

Could not find him but driving around they found a barn door open that they closed during the search before. And Yes....

Found him in a barn hiding under a blanket in a car he broke into after the long long search.  Good job Deputies for not giving up. I think the liberal judges will just let him back on the street again,sad to say.  Too bad the good doggie did not get a chance to chop down.

The Deputies said he is well schooled in the art of burglary due to his record.  Why aren't these people locked up and the key thrown away?

Dave..

• Like 6

Our psycho-mutt died a while ago.  The house was safe with her.  She wasn't right.

The new dog is a huge poodle-dog.  She's abnormally big.  Moose.

She's a goofball,  and not mean at all,  but when she barks,  she means business.  You'd better go look.

That's what we've got.

When we lived in a one-bedroom apartment in Houston (long long ago),  I bought one of those cheap 3'x3'x3' fire safes to put my guns in.  You could bolt it to the floor (but they were plywood) (I never bolted it down).  Houston was rife with messcans and dopers.

After a minute,  I figured to just fill the safe with bags of quarters,  a couple bricks, and some boxes of ammo.  It weighed 200 lbs.

And hid my guns elsewhere.

I figured they'd find the safe in a jiffy,  haul it off,  and not even look anywhere else.

• Like 1

Since the criminal justice system appears to be more interested in inconveniencing the criminals rather than protecting the public from them, I propose that if they catch a galoot that robs your house, you get to go to his house and pick out whatever you want.

Edited by tous
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tous said:

Since the criminal justice system appears to be more interested in inconveniencing the criminals rather than protecting the public from them, I propose that if they catch a galoot that robs your house, you get to go to his house and pick out whatever you want.

From looking at his picture in the paper, I highly doubt that scum would have anything I would even want. Let alone even to want to walk into the crap hole he probably lives in. 

I suggest they let the victims draw cards, give the creep a few seconds head start, and the winner gets to light them up with a little bit of lead.

Dave..

• Like 5

one thing i hate as much as thieves  ..liars  .  i learned early on if i showed my ass or told lie my dad would take care of it. i learned rather quickly white lie excuses made it worse.  

out here i got so much farm stuff and lots of land  i could not even attempt to watch it all .  ive been lucky .  it also helped when my daughters started dating they told their dates   im a pro gun owner  dont mess up  lol  

Edited by ASH
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1