WOKE BROKE MOVIES IN 2019 … DOES HOLLYWOOD EVEN CARE?

TBO

I just don't care.

When they advertise a movie like that,  it a guarantee I won't see it.  But I very rarely go to movies,  so it doesn't matter.

(I saw Joker (my kind of bizarre,  but definitely no blockbuster, in my book.) and the new Star Wars (just a convoluted mash of characters and action, no bb, in my book.) this year.  So there's that.)

• Like 2

I can't financially support people that hate me.

My grandson was upset I wouldn't take him to the recent star wars movie, I just refuse to give those people any money, fortunately my daughter also agrees so she won't take him either. 

• Like 5

i can`t stand going to the movies anymore, its not really worth it to me to pay more then the movie is worth to me to be mostly annoyed by others in the Theater.

if i go at all its closer to when the movie closes then when it opens just so there is less people there.

i saw 1917 because it was Original and looked like a real movie and i was right.

not a lot of CGI no PC feel good non sense just a good story filmed really well.

Hollywood is full of Junkies and Perverts, those people have little idea what i find entertaining.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

i would however pay the $9 to watch the Weinstein trial so..........go Figure..

Is this his latest acting gig were he plays a crippled up old man in a walker, having his earlier clients complain about him?  

If you gotta have sex with with an old, ugly, fat guy to get a job, that's God's way of telling you to become a nurse, doctor, healer, or some other true benefit to the world.  Instead of getting on a stage to "express" yourself.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Rellik said:

Is this his latest acting gig were he plays a crippled up old man in a walker, having his earlier clients complain about him?  

If you gotta have sex with with an old, ugly, fat guy to get a job, that's God's way of telling you to become a nurse, doctor, healer, or some other true benefit to the world.  Instead of getting on a stage to "express" yourself.  

That’s an awesome quotable paragraph there.

• Thanks 1

Today’s news ran the testimony of one of Weinstein’s “victims”. 

So she says she goes up to his apartment and was orally raped when she couldn’t fight him off. So she goes back two weeks later. (??!!) Same result. 

Makes me wonder how these people survive to adulthood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if the failure is more on the marketing side or on the "the world did not need that" side.

The world did not need another Terminator (we had 2 too many already), Charlie's Angels (doesn't translate well from TV), or another remake of a movie from the 80s.

That said - "get woke, go broke" is a real thing.  It's one thing to be tolerant but when you push that to the point of making a particular group feel isolated, it's not gonna work out well for you.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, janice6 said:

If you accept it as a condition for you to get what you want, it's hard to sympathize with you when you look back on just how disgusting the dues were that you were willing to pay.

If it was truly rape, then he should be hung!

I agree on both paragraphs.  

However, I can see this as a bunch of washed up, boozey old hookers looking back, griping about their "johns."

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2020 at 12:44 AM, Mike said:

I can't financially support people that hate me.

My grandson was upset I wouldn't take him to the recent star wars movie, I just refuse to give those people any money, fortunately my daughter also agrees so she won't take him either. 

I hope you explained to him why.  Early learning may just prevent the liberal indoctrination factories, i.e. the so called education system, from turning out another drone.

I stopped going to movie theaters long ago for the same reason you stated.  Another issue for me is the total lack of originality.  How many remakes/reboots do we need?  How about something refreshingly new and (God forbid!) entertaining?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, minderasr said:

I hope you explained to him why.  Early learning may just prevent the liberal indoctrination factories, i.e. the so called education system, from turning out another drone.

I stopped going to movie theaters long ago for the same reason you stated.  Another issue for me is the total lack of originality.  How many remakes/reboots do we need?  How about something refreshingly new and (God forbid!) entertaining?

Yes he was told why we won't be going. I kept my daughter from being corrupted by the education system, I have no plans on allowing him to be any different.

• Like 1