Super Bowl LIV

PPQer

The Stuperbowl will be the 5th game I've watched this year, the other four were the final playoff games.  I think KC and their QB will be hard to beat.  

Chiefs win by 17.

49er fans are so mad about what is going to happen, they are literally crapping on the sidewalks.  

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Agree with the distaste for the kneeling crap.

If they want to make a statement, there are better ways to do it than to insult the national anthem of the USA. The millions of dollars they are paid doesn't make the gesture more meaningful, just as movie stars opinions don't carry greater weight because of their career.

Let them spend their money to get attention for the cause.

Edited by Paul53
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

Agree with the distaste for the kneeling crap.

If they want to make a statement, there are better ways to do it than to insult the national anthem of the USA. The millions of dollars they are paid doesn't make the gesture more meaningful, just as movie stars opinions don't carry greater weight because of their career.

Let them spend their money to get attention for the cause.

I wrote something about this that supported you.

But the thread is really more about the game.   I hope it's a good one.   My team isn't there so I'll root for the ball...

Edited by Historian
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

I wrote something about this that supported you.

But the thread is really more about the game.   I hope it's a good one.   My team isn't there so I'll root for the ball...

I knew people would chime in to say "I'm not watching".  I didn't know they were still kneeling, and thought the NFL had addressed it somehow because I haven't heard any controversy about it lately.   I think it will be a good game, and it's the first one in decades I'm actually looking forward to.  But I will be watching on a broadcast channel to prevent adding to ratings.  

The KC QB is under fire from the left for tweeting support for the Police at some time in the past, and IMO, is a future hall of famer and fun to watch.  I'll pick anyone over the 49ers for who I want to win, but I think KC is pretty much unstoppable.  But having only watched 4 other games, I'm far from an expert.  

1 hour ago, Maser said:

I just can't stand the thought of adults being paid millions to play a children's game. 

That is an ignorant statement.  I played HS football and it is anything but a children's game, even at the lowest organized levels.  It requires extreme physical conditioning, strategy, and is very hard on the body.

23 minutes ago, PPQer said:

That is an ignorant statement.  I played HS football and it is anything but a children's game, even at the lowest organized levels.  It requires extreme physical conditioning, strategy, and is very hard on the body.

My fatass drunk self plays football every Thanksgiving with family and friends.  Don't tell me that playing football is a special thing kid.

24 minutes ago, PPQer said:

I knew people would chime in to say "I'm not watching".  I didn't know they were still kneeling, and thought the NFL had addressed it somehow because I haven't heard any controversy about it lately.   I think it will be a good game, and it's the first one in decades I'm actually looking forward to.  But I will be watching on a broadcast channel to prevent adding to ratings.  

The KC QB is under fire from the left for tweeting support for the Police at some time in the past, and IMO, is a future hall of famer and fun to watch.  I'll pick anyone over the 49ers for who I want to win, but I think KC is pretty much unstoppable.  But having only watched 4 other games, I'm far from an expert.  

Pretty much the way I see it, too.   I like sports.   Just don't watch enough of it to claim to be anywhere close to an expert.  More of a baseball guy but i do enjoy college football.  I'll root for a good game because so many of these are blow outs.

This is one of America's biggest events.  Something to be enjoyed.   I hope the commercials are better this year.  This one is about 12 years old...and still cracks me up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i used to be a steelers fan all my life until they hired mike vick to be on their  team ,  im a big animal  person as is my family  , we support , volunteer and help with rescues , ive seen puppy mills and fight pits ,  and it boils my blood ,   so i dont have a team anymore  except i like the packers  as people actually own the team , 

i pull for underdogs  and i like andy reid as he is good coach ,  i hope chiefs win  its been 50 years  , both defenses are good , but this is gonna be a high point total bowl .

i like chiefs   38 - 30  

• Like 1

i Suppose if i had to stretch for a favorite, and it`d be a stretch i`d root for the 49er`s because Lil Jimmy Garapollo was the G.O.A.T.S. Backup, but that is a thin, thin reason.

i watched maybe 3/4s of a game this year and last year i watched 2 games Including the Patriots win #6.

there's just too much foolishness in the NFL for me and i`m still not Okay with the kneeling during the Anthem and lack of resolution to it.

• Like 1