Old Gun Arcade Machines, Pinball and Other..Pre Digital..

DrB

2 hours ago, DrB said:

Bally had a few pinball machines made and advertised by Cassandra Peterson aka Elvira, Mistress of the dark.  "Scared Stiff" and "Party Monsters"..  I hesitate to post those advertisements, here because..... well it's Elvira and I don't want to get this thread locked. 

Dave..

Elvira is a cultural Icon and exempt from censorship as long as her girly bits don't show!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

Elvira is a cultural Icon and exempt from censorship as long as her girly bits don't show!

I fully understand that  she is an Icon and all that.  The ads were from Bally and in general print. Nothing but legs, cleavage, her black hairdo and black dress as seen on TV and elsewhere.  I'll pass for now posting.

Dave..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DrB said:

I fully understand that  she is an Icon and all that.  The ads were from Bally and in general print. Nothing but legs, cleavage, her black hairdo and black dress as seen on TV and elsewhere.  I'll pass for now posting.

Dave..

MY kids even gave me a life size carboard cutout of her.  I put it in the window facing the neighbors so they would have something to see.

• Haha 3

i used to go to the Playland Arcade in Hampton Beach N.H. every summer and play all those games 'Shark Hunter' it was the same as 'killer shark' was one of my favorites, so was 'Hercules' and 'shoot out'

those were like a Dime or a Quarter to play and i`d get to play them forever because of all the free plays you got and i did`nt have a lot of coin to spend.

my favorite was called 'Wild Gunman' it was a projection screen with a movie and a Colt Peace Maker complete with rig and Lever action  http://www.8bitrocket.com/2016/06/19/the-wild-gunman-1976/

there was a fire there years after and i went and tried to buy it from them but they would`nt sell it.

Summer of 1981 i had High Score on 6 Pinball Machines..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In my innocent years a friend and I would double on my Vespa to a newsstand with a two (sometimes four) player flipper machine. Ten cents per pay or three for a quarter. 

we would each drop a quarter, play all afternoon or until we got bored. Often enough we walked away leaving more games on the machine than we had bought. 

At least the machines were changed out frequently. 

• Like 3

Everything on the machine is 110V.  It never drops.

There's twenty plugs for the per / play thing.  You only need four of them.  The other rest are just 110, hanging there.

And they are right next to the main tilt mechanism.  (a large lead weight, dangling down in a loop of wire (also 110)).

I can adjust the tilt from "none" to "you can't even touch the flipper-buttons".

But to adjust the tilt ( a thumbscrew on the lead weight),  you have to touch it. Which is OK.  Just don't let it "tilt" while your adjusting it.

13 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I can adjust the tilt from "none" to "you can't even touch the flipper-buttons".

Nudging the machine with your hip to influence play was called a gunch.

Why, I have no idea.

And, yes, I have worked on the innards of the old pinball machines.

Shocking.

:biggrin:

• Like 3