Stay Classy, Detroit

Eric

• Administrators

A C8 Corvette was spotted near GM's facility in Detroit with its wheels stolen. The car is balanced on a couple of cinder block fragments, from the looks of it. The car was discovered at the corner of Coe Avenue and Parker Street in the city’s West Village neighborhood, about four miles from General Motors’ downtown headquarters. There is more info, pics and a video at the link below.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingrays-wheels-stolen-detroit.amp

vette.thumb.jpg.0dd25a84aeaa0c426c78b096bb709b6b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

My buddy had a story about NYC.  He said they were headed back to his car and they rounded the corner and found some kids jacking it up.  He yelled, "Hey! That's my car!"

They actually said, "No way, dude.  We were here first."  They raised a ruckus and a cop actually heard it and showed up.

The kids scrambled and were nonchalantly leaning against the wall.  The cop asked if was their car. "No."  He asked if it was their jack.  "No."

So the cop told my buddy, "Take your jack and get out of here."  He got a very nice professional jack out of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Administrators

I wonder where the morons who stole those wheels think they are going to sell them? They are probably the only set of C8 wheels in existence, outside of GM's control. They are going to be pretty easy to spot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People actually watch the gates around those facilities (there are testing / torture sites too) for unusual / prototype vehicles to come out,  so they can get photos for the magazines and fan sites.

Someone was probably following that car around and knows exactly who to sell the wheels to.

(It's not unusual to see cars driving around there,  with a disorienting-patterned wrap on them,  even over the windows so you can't see in.  Probably going from one building to another, across town.  I've even seen them with tarps over them and just a notch cut out,  so the driver can see out.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric said:

I wonder where the morons who stole those wheels think they are going to sell them? They are probably the only set of C8 wheels in existence, outside of GM's control. They are going to be pretty easy to spot.

You'll spot them in the ghetto tomorrow.

48 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

Note to Self: the new Corvette does not come with Wheel locks..

im sure they do but thieves have the tools to remove them in like 20 seconds.  some of those bastards  could out preform a pit crew

when air wrenches  came out battery powered , thieves were very happy  . done and gone

back in 88  local ford dealer  here had,  30 mustangs  on blocks  when they opened one day . and dealership is right smack in middle of town

Edited by ASH
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The hospital where I work had that happen to an employees car really close to the building.  I wondered if "Security" had anything to do with it, since it happened within sight of where they are usually parked.  The victim ends his shift, goes to his car and finds it up on blocks and stands.  I also wondered if he got to keep the blocks and stands.

Edited by PPQer
  • Sad 1