door bell prank turns deadly

ASH

4 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Someone had no sense of humor

someone is gonna be butt hurt for years  ,  as teenagers in small hood , we did this time to time ,  i grew up in a one store one post office , its growing last few years and i dont like it 

atleast no one can be a neighbor  we own over 159  acres all around us .   hell it wasnt til few years ago our church started locking the doors , as some track jumpers would jump off the train and hang around here for few days , they would sleep in church , and go down in basement and eat and drink all the churches food  and strow trash everywhere .  

but you never expected to get killed ringing door bell . crazy

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Someone had no sense of humor

There are more people without a sense of humor that many would believe. 

Today, people are pretty strung out.  They feel they have no control, they feel every one else is controlling them, they feel there are no advocates for them in todays politics and society. 

When people feel this out of control, they have very short fuses.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Classic case of PPGF. The punks wanted to get a rise out of the homeowner and they succeeded. Where I grew up you messed with people at your peril.

So you are defending the jackass that killed three kids over having his doorbell rung??  Are you shitting me?  The proper response is "eh, kids" and go back to the couch.

Frankly, I am glad to see there are still kids getting together in person and doing things rather than sitting on their phone.  Ding dong ditch is harmless stupidity.

Unfortunately it is CA so the ******** will not get what he deserves.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

So you are defending the jackass that killed three kids over having his doorbell rung??  Are you ****ting me?  The proper response is "eh, kids" and go back to the couch.

Frankly, I am glad to see there are still kids getting together in person and doing things rather than sitting on their phone.  Ding dong ditch is harmless stupidity.

Unfortunately it is CA so the ******** will not get what he deserves.

No, my reading challenged friend, I'm not defending said jackass. I am, however, acknowledging that such jackasses are out there, and if you **** with them they may react irrationally. :supergrin:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

No, my reading challenged friend, I'm not defending said jackass. I am, however, acknowledging that such jackasses are out there, and if you **** with them they may react irrationally. :supergrin:

I read just fine, why don't you go read your comment again.  You called the kids punks with an oh well attitude.  Those parents lost their kids because some piece of **** can't handle his door bell being rung.  Anyone can act irrationally for anything and you don't give a ****.  Got it.

When we were kids,  some new neighbors moved in across the street.  It was a guy right out of the Army,  and he had five (six?) small children.  He was never in a good mood.

We rang his bell, just like everyone else's,  late one night.  But he bumped it up a notch.

When we were coming home,  a few hours later,  he was leaning against a telephone pole.  In his skivvys.

You can't probably do it today,  but we got heads knocked together,  skull rub-burns,  and ate a little grass.

So we left that house alone, forever.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

I read just fine, why don't you go read your comment again.  You called the kids punks with an oh well attitude.  Those parents lost their kids because some piece of **** can't handle his door bell being rung.  Anyone can act irrationally for anything and you don't give a ****.  Got it.

Oh, I stand by my comment that they were punks doing stupid stuff. That doesn't mean I wish them dead, nor that I think the guy should kill them. The punks were victims, sure, but they built the petard upon which they were hoisted. Had they been attending choir practice instead of doing stupid pranks their parents would still have them, most likely. I see this much the same as a tourist getting tossed by a buffalo or a mohammedan terrist catching himself on fire while burning an American flag. A cautionary tale, if you will.

• Like 3

There are laws of nature which transcend the luminaries who propose them. The planets would still conform to Newton's Laws of Motion even if he'd never been born. Statistical sampling would follow the Central Limit Theorem regardless of its name. And Frankie Lee Johnson's famous statement "Play *****, Get Fucked" will always be true despite the number of participation trophies we may hand out. :supergrin:

• Thanks 2

• Administrators

I think that everyone can agree that the guy's reaction was batshit crazy, but I seriously doubt that he did what he did the first time they rang his doorbell. I'm guessing they had been screwing with him for a while and he snapped. I'm sorry they are dead, but teenage boys excel at being dumbasses, especially when they are in a group. What happened should not have have happened, but it would not have happened if they had not been screwing with the guy. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. The prize isn't always equal to the deed, but if you choose to play the game, you get what you are dealt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

When we were kids,  some new neighbors moved in across the street.  It was a guy right out of the Army,  and he had five (six?) small children.  He was never in a good mood.

We rang his bell, just like everyone else's,  late one night.  But he bumped it up a notch.

When we were coming home,  a few hours later,  he was leaning against a telephone pole.  In his skivvys.

You can't probably do it today,  but we got heads knocked together,  skull rub-burns,  and ate a little grass.

So we left that house alone, forever.

When my best friend and I were in middle school a neighbor from down the street threw eggs at us on Halloween. We got some horse crap from a nearby stables put it in a paper bag, set it on fire on his porch and rang the bell.

The next night we went back, leaned his garbage can against his door(after dumping his trash out) filled it with water from his hose, taped a note saying ‘this is to put out last night’s fire’ to his door and rang the bell.

He chased us at least a half a mile before giving up.

Edited by Wyzz Kydd
  • Like 1

He could have taken Uncle Joe's advice.

VICE PRESIDENT Joe Biden told Field & Stream magazine in an interview published Monday, "[if] you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."

Coincidentally, a 22-year-old man in Virginia Beach, Va., was charged Monday with reckless handling of a firearm after doing just that a couple days earlier. 

"

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/02/28/biden-advises-shooting-shotgun-through-door

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1