Mass shooting in las vegas

Batesmotel

I'll never understand how/why someone does this. Sadly, I get when they go after specific people but the randomness ones are just evil. I agree that the signs will be there now but how do we ever find those signs prior to this? Hot heads and dumb asses don't do these things so where do we place that line? 

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Who makes it to 64 years old without some kind of record and then goes and does something like this?

Give it some time, I'm sure he has a pretty colored past. I've already read several stories that point to problems he has caused and interaction with law enforcement. Within a few days we will have a pretty good picture of him and it will not be pretty.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Who makes it to 64 years old without some kind of record and then goes and does something like this?

Not unheard of at all.

Here's one I remember from some years back. Guy had issues, but wasn't violent until he was.

• Like 1

Well, as we suspected, he was using a bump fire stock....wonder how long it will take the ATF to ban them and how quickly they will sell out anywhere they are available? When you are using them mounted, perhaps, off a support as reports indicate he had in the room, firing into a crowd of 22,000 people in a confined space, accuracy is not much of a concern.

21 hours ago, CalmerThanYou said:

So sad.  Hard to believe an american citizen could plan and carry out such a savage attack on random innocent people.  Sadly odd times we live in.

Wounded Knee and Colonel John Chivington come to mind...

• Like 2

Photos have now come out showing some of his weapons.

He was  using at least one AR-15 with Surefire 60 or 100 round mags (probably 60) and he definitely had a bump-fire device on it. Media first reported he has his rifles on "tripods," etc. My guess he had several mags preloaded, of course, or other rifles pre-staged. The guy was definitely intent on killing as absolutely many people as possible.

So, as many of us suspected, definitely bumpfire. Buh-bye bumpfire devices.

Here's a picture of one his rifles.59d3ca165068f_ScreenShot2017-10-03at12_33_49PM.png.12b2768435437d3160ed98ec9027c53c.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 12.29.48 PM.png

8 minutes ago, 1L26 said:

I can say this about the pics of the firearms used. Whoever released those is in a bit of a jam! IA/OPR is conducting an internal investigation into the release...

Yes, the Police Chief seemed pretty pissed that that was released in his news conference today.

• Like 1