Mass shooting in las vegas

Batesmotel

5 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Yeah, who'd make my sammiches?

Nobody. And furthermore, your wife is going to show you what crazy is all about when they release her from the looney bin and sammiches will be the least of your worries from then on. 

• Haha 1

• Administrators
22 hours ago, JJHNSN said:

This is a GUN FORUM. There is nothing disrespectful or insensitive about discussing the ballistic property of the 5.56 and the devastation it caused at 400-500 yards during this incident.

image.png.e7c2fddd107fa4afd5ef1bb22ef27bad.png

This is my gun forum (Mine and my brother's gun forum. He is one of the guys you have been flinging insults at.) and I disagree strongly. I think it shows damned poor taste to bring up the ballistics of the rounds the people were killed with, before they are even buried.

• Like 4

I apologize to the general membership of this forum.  It was never my intent to be any kind of negative influence here.  I am not cool with being labeled, and the resulting name calling was my possibly rash reaction.  I should have not taken the bait and shown more restraint and class. I like the openness of the forum, and I doubt any of us have an agenda to be anything other than positive contributors.  I was not asked to make a comment, just don't want to come out of the blocks as an antagonist.  Thoughts and prayers to the victims of this horrible tragedy and hopefully we can find some way to learn from or even prevent any similar action in the future.  Jeff

4 minutes ago, CalmerThanYou said:

I apologize to the general membership of this forum.  It was never my intent to be any kind of negative influence here.  I am not cool with being labeled, and the resulting name calling was my possibly rash reaction.  I should have not taken the bait and shown more restraint and class. I like the openness of the forum, and I doubt any of us have an agenda to be anything other than positive contributors.  I was not asked to make a comment, just don't want to come out of the blocks as an antagonist.  Thoughts and prayers to the victims of this horrible tragedy and hopefully we can find some way to learn from or even prevent any similar action in the future.  Jeff

Well said and these are the same sentiments I would like to share. I am often a little too ready to poke someone with a stick.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, XSIV4S said:

WOW,  a little common sense is all it took to get on your ignore list. People are going to be jumping all over this.

I don't know how he sees any new posts. He ignores everybody. He's got to be damn near all by himself at this point. Weeks at a time between new posts. 

55 minutes ago, XSIV4S said:

Well said and these are the same sentiments I would like to share. I am often a little too ready to poke someone with a stick.

It's been said that Eric's place is like sitting around someone's living room, and that you shouldn't put your boots on the coffee table.  

I'd say it's a little more like sitting around the kitchen table drinking beer, and it's all good until some ******* starts knocking over bottles.

• Administrators

There is only one guy that my comments were directed towards and after a private exchange I had with him, he is no longer a member here. We have a great bunch of people here. One guy with a chip on his shoulder can poison a whole site though, if he doesn't get dealt with. This site is far too small for us to have to deal with the kind of divisiveness and casual rudeness that is endemic to large forums. I hope that one day this site will be big enough to have to deal with such issues honestly, but I am building features into this site that I hope will help to keep this a friendly community.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eric said:

There is only one guy that my comments were directed towards and after a private exchange I had with him, he is no longer a member here. We have a great bunch of people here. One guy with a chip on his shoulder can poison a whole site though, if he doesn't get dealt with. This site is far too small for us to have to deal with the kind of divisiveness and casual rudeness that is endemic to large forums. I hope that one day this site will be big enough to have to deal with such issues honestly, but I am building features into this site that I hope will help to keep this a friendly community.

He was the worst kind of *******, the ignoring ******* that you can't be an ******* back at. 

One comment on a point made by Geraldo Rivera on Fox News.  He said that if bump stocks are only used very rarely by sportsmen for legitimate purposes, we can't worry about banning them.  Of course, nobody challenged Geraldo with the opposite logical conclusion, to wit:  if bump stocks are only very rarely used for illegal purposes, we shouldn't have to ban them.  One crime.  One.  One gunman.  One.  58 victims, of course, but only one incident, in the history of the United States.  We were taught that a trained shooter can put well-aimed rounds at near full-auto speeds using a semiautomatic, but that's not this psycho's "spray and pray" method.