Mass shooting in las vegas

Batesmotel

As I said...he had a large number of AR-15s with bumpfire stocks and stacks of Surefire 60 or 100 round magazines. 5.56 was his caliber of choice. Your article just proved my point in spite of its many errors in fundamentals.

Every time there is a mass shooting some of you guys are more concerned with possible gun control than the well being of those involved. The fact that someone would actually bring up the ballistics is disgusting.

Edited by Gobigorange
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JJHNSN said:

A discussion about ballistics on a FIREARMS DISCUSSION FORUM is "not disgusting." Take your pretentious virtue signalling somewhere else.

A psychopath with daddy issues picked that spot to let the world know just how filled with hate he was. His primary weapons of choice used the semi-retarded 5.56 military round, but with the advantage of being 100 yards in the air the results were truly horrifying even at 400-500 yards. So, I cannot say whether your discussion of ballistics is disgusting or not, but I am pretty certain it is idiotic.

10 minutes ago, JJHNSN said:

"semi-retarded 5.56 military round" ... "advantage of being 100 yards in the air" ... I'm pretty certain both those comments are idiotic.

32 floors in the air is between 288-350 feet in the air. I don't know how I can dumb down this point any more for you.

1 minute ago, JJHNSN said:

The issue is not "dumbing down" it is you saying idiotic remarks that reveal you know squat. But, hey, congratulations, you made my ignore list. Life is to short to put up with people like you.

WOW,  a little common sense is all it took to get on your ignore list. People are going to be jumping all over this.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gobigorange said:

Every time there is a mass shooting some of you guys are more concerned with possible gun control than the well being of those involved. The fact that someone would actually bring up the ballistics is disgusting.

Gun control is kind of a big deal.

how-many-children-have-to-die-before-you

• Haha 1

I think because he wasn't aiming at individuals.  We are responsible for every round that leaves the muzzle.  He was aiming into an area, filled with targets, and just had to put as many rounds into that area as he could in the least amount of time in order to cause the most carnage.  Terrible.

Edited by fortyofforty

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

I know from personal experience that I am much more effective firing semi-auto than full. For that reason I wonder why someone would choose full-auto (esp. bump fire) for this task. 

Based on everything I've read so far, he really thought through this carefully. He had his slide-fire rifles on bipods, it appears, and in that case they are much more controllable plus he no-doubt realized that from his vantage point, pumping as many rounds as possible into that densely packed crowd of 22,000 people, in a very confined space, was going to be devastating. He has his 100 rounds mags right there with him. I'm surprised he did not shoot more, given how well equipped, planned and barricaded he was. A friend of mine observed that a sniper overwatch at the venue could have ended the whole thing very quickly. Is this the next step in event security? Strategically placed snipers able to cover various possibilities?

from what I understand some of the weapons had stoppages, which:

1. is not uncommon with surefire large cap mags kept loaded

2. is not uncommon with Bumpfire stocks.

the fact that firing was not done till he ran out of ammo could be indicators of a somewhat novice enthusiast that has the coin to buy, but could not perform the stoppage and clearance drills under the stress.

at any rate the ballistics will how the tool marks on the casings and recovered projectiles we will know what weapons were fired and how many times.

And here is something else that is ironic. This event halted the suppressor bill from making further progress. If the guy was running his rifles with suppressors, attempting to put 100 rounds through them like that, the suppressor would have heated and melted before he could put multiple mags through them.

Re. stoppages...roger that. He was truly praying and spraying, but again, into a densely packed 22,000 people...sitting ducks.

13 hours ago, CalmerThanYou said:

I would like a special patch sent if I gain the honor of being included in "The Dudes" ignore list!!!     What a pompous, self righteous, d-bag, tool.

Well, he has granted your wish. I suppose the only thing to do now is work on the patch design, I think it should have a "Closet Snowflake" theme in his honor. It’s funny how the most delicate of the snowflakes get so rattled when you question their moral superiority and intelligence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwalchmai said:

Now, boys, let's be nice. We spose to leave all the bad vibes and bickerin' back at the old place. Fun's where the fair's at... :grouphug:

Why are those Emoticons rainbow colors and why are they holding each others asses?

Seems very clear now the dude was suffering from mental illness (duh!). And if in fact he was lying in bed at night screaming and moaning why the heck didn't the "girlfriend" do anything about it? Again, another instance where a deeply insane person was acting out and people closest to him did NOTHING.

"The girlfriend of Las Vegas mass murderer Stephen Paddock told the FBI he had developed 'mental health symptoms' and would scream at night, it has emerged. Marilou Danley, 62, said Paddock, 64, 'would lie in bed, just moaning and screaming, "Oh my God,"' according to an ex-FBI official briefed on the situation."

11 minutes ago, JJHNSN said:

Seems very clear now the dude was suffering from mental illness (duh!). And if in fact he was lying in bed at night screaming and moaning why the heck didn't the "girlfriend" do anything about it? Again, another instance where a deeply insane person was acting out and people closest to him did NOTHING.

"The girlfriend of Las Vegas mass murderer Stephen Paddock told the FBI he had developed 'mental health symptoms' and would scream at night, it has emerged. Marilou Danley, 62, said Paddock, 64, 'would lie in bed, just moaning and screaming, "Oh my God,"' according to an ex-FBI official briefed on the situation."

Moaning shouting and talking in ones sleep is not a sign of mental illness as far as I know. If it is, I know a lot of mentally ill people. Should I turn them all into the police?  

It is people that don’t dream that you should worry about. 

Several recent mass murderers. Were under the direct care of a mental health professional and those docccors could see they were a danger to others. Unless he made direct statements that he wanted to hurt others, how could a lay person be expected to predict this action?