Michelle O - 'whites still running away from minorities'

PPQer

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michelle-obama-says-whites-still-running-away-from-minorities-immigrants

White Americans are “still running” elsewhere when minorities and immigrants move into their communities, Michelle Obama observed Tuesday.  The former first lady made the remarks at the Obama Foundation Summit, held at the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago.

Race Bait much Mrs. Obama?

This happened in what was the desirable area to live in just 20 years ago.  2 blocks away from a home where a 9 year old was killed in her front yard 2 years ago.

Last Night:

https://wreg.com/2020/01/20/two-children-critically-hurt-in-hickory-hill-shooting/

Two children extremely critical following Hickory Hill shooting

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two children are in extremely critical condition after a shooting in Hickory Hill.

Memphis Police said the shooting happened at a home on Kirby Mills Cove just before 9 p.m., and the victims were taken to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital.

Police said the victims are a six-year-old girl and a 16-year-old boy.

Authorities said they do not have any suspect information, but this appears to be a drive-by shooting.

This is the second time in two days where a child was the victim of a shooting in Memphis. Ten-year-old Jadon Knox was shot and killed Sunday night in Orange Mound while playing in his front yard.

No suspect information is available.

Sunday Night:

https://wreg.com/2020/01/19/one-person-critically-hurt-after-shooting-in-orange-mound/

10-year-old dead after shooting in Orange Mound.

POSTED 6:50 PM, JANUARY 19, 2020, BY JONEÉ LEWIS, ZACHARY DOWNES AND MITCHELL KOCH, UPDATED AT 05:28PM, JANUARY 20, 2020

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A 10-year-old boy is dead after a shooting Sunday evening in Orange Mound.

Family identified the victim as Jadon Knox, a fourth-grader.

Memphis Police said Knox was shot on Josephine Street near Carnes Avneue just after 6 p.m. Sunday. He was taken to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital and was later pronounced dead.

Knox's aunt told WREG he had only been outside 10 minutes before those bullets started flying.

"They snatched his life," aunt Tawanda Knox said. "They snatched his life that hadn’t even begin. He was only 10, and he’s a twin."

Family said someone drove by their house in Orange Mound and started shooting.

"You snatched Jadon from us," Tawanda said. "He knows nothing. He didn’t know anything. All he was outside doing was what a 10-year-old does, and that’s play.”

Jadon and his twin had just celebrated their birthday last month, family said. They said the shooting took away the heart of this family: a fourth-grader full of life, love and light.

"This is just too much," MPD Director Michael Rallings said. "While the parents of this young child should be getting this child ready for school tomorrow, they’ll be planning a funeral."

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, jmohme said:

Well, at least the Obama family does not run and hide from anyone.

ob.jpg

Look at that and remember, that this is owned by person that's condemning Whites for their treatment of Blacks. 

Who does she think put her and her husband in the White house and provided the money for this type of living, the ghetto vote!   

Edited by janice6
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Look at that and remember, that this is owned by person that's condemning Whites for their treatment of Blacks. 

Who does she thing put her and her husband in the White house and provided the money for this type of living, the ghetto vote!   

Exactly!
A genuine hypocrite! Both of them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The thing that gets me the most is how she frames that statement with racism as white not wanting to live around blacks or other minorities.  We're not necessarily moving away from them, we're moving away from the problems they bring.  20 years ago, the neighborhood of those shootings was the place whites had been for about 10-15 years, and it was a nice area.  Then all of a sudden, blacks started moving there and the crime went through the roof.  It went from 'Hickory Hill' to 'Hickory Hood'.  I lived in that area when it started turning.  I lived in some upscale apartment condo's.  Memphis went forced Section 8 and that nice upscale community had turf wars between the local gangs.  They even changed the name of the community, but every week I still hear of shootings in that complex.  There is the saying in the white community that "I love my black neighbors, I just don't like the people that come to visit them" which Mrs. Obama would call racist, but illustrates the issue pretty well.

Mrs. Obama saying we don't like living around them deflects from the real cause, which is the crime.  Like her stately mansion in the Hamptons or wherever, she's ignores truth about her and her family being the evil rich who moved to safe areas.

The kids that were shot I guess are collateral damage.  Memphis is a democrat utopia and those black lives don't matter, as long as it is the right people who are doing the shooting.  Of the people I work with, more are talking about impeachment than young kids being shot.

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 1

Who does she think put her and her husband in the White house and provided the money for this type of living, the ghetto vote!   
It's also owned by a person who claims to believe in climate change & rising seas...
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TX OMFS said:

The death of those kids is terrible. I wish people in power actually wanted to fix the problem.

But wait, dares 'mo.

The black community likes to blame "a lack of opportunity in the community" for the violence.  I had a coworker spew that recently.  The one guy, President Trump, who is trying to bring jobs back to the US, the first president in recent history who has tried to reverse the outflow, they are chomping at the bit to impeach.  

And that is why democrats like poor schools.  The city where those children live has the worst school system in the state, in the only blue county in the state.

• Thanks 1

The greatest threat to the Democrats and left is that Blacks will someday get educated.  When this fateful day occurs, these same Blacks that Democrats thrive on exploiting, will see just who is taking advantage of them as an excuse to gain money and power over them.

When people get educated they quickly learn that they don't like other people thinking for them.  When that happens, those "other people" make money by using Blacks as an excuse.  These monies don't get to the Blacks, the left keeps it as sure as in Puerto Rico and the warehouse containing aid from the USA.  That aid would be sold to those who could afford it.

Education quickly shows you what you could be and how to get there on your own.  Education shows you that you can do the same as everybody else.  That work is not a four letter word, and you don't die from it like you do in the drug business.

Our former president and his wife got where they are by exploiting Blacks, not by helping them.  And now that they have money and independence, they shun poor Blacks like the plague.  If you can't buy and sell people, our former presidential family don't want anything to do with you. 

• Like 2

says the person who just bought a 29 Acre 7000 Sq Ft $12 Million Dollar Compound in Edgartown Great Pond on the Vineyard with the rest of the Elitist snobs.

guessing i have a lot more Neighbors of Different races then they do.

Hypocritical Race Baiting Virtue Signaling Wonk trying to project her Guilt on me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The problem with that is that the content of a lot of peoples character isn't very strong, so they'll always fall back on the race card to make excuses.  Race carding and Smolleting will be with us always, as long as some people need something or someone else to blame other than themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1