Puerto Rico fires two more officials after Hurricane Maria aid found unused amid current earthquake aftermath

pipedreams

"The pallets of bedding, food and medical supplies sat wrapped in plastic and unused in a warehouse for more than two years while Puerto Ricans suffered through the aftermath of a devastating hurricane and a recent earthquake, and now their discovery has triggered a political firestorm.

Puerto Rico’s Gov. Wanda Vázquez on Sunday fired two more officials in the most recent development since anger broke out over a viral video showing unused emergency supplies allegedly leftover from Hurricane Maria aid sitting in a warehouse in the southern coastal city of Ponce where thousands have been in shelters since a recent 6.4 magnitude quake struck the island two weeks ago."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/puerto-rico-hurricane-maria-aid-emergency-supplies-earthquake-fired

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i`m surprised the Officials weren't selling it to those who needed it, but then i`d be surprised if any of the Officials were still on Puerto Rico at all at this point.

i`m sure they pocketed enough Relief Money to have some very nice places in the Turks and Caicos....

Civilization is just an Illusion....

• Like 1