Renewables Were Never Meant To Power Modern Civilization

pipedreams

"To produce the same amount of energy, solar farms take 450 times more land than nuclear plants and wind turbines take 700 times more land than natural gas wells and associated environmental damage is immense. ⁃ TN Editor

Over the last decade, journalists have held up Germany’s renewables energy transition, the Energiewende, as an environmental model for the world.

“Many poor countries, once intent on building coal-fired power plants to bring electricity to their people, are discussing whether they might leapfrog the fossil age and build clean grids from the outset,” thanks to the Energiewende, wrote a New York Times reporter in 2014.

With Germany as inspiration, the United Nations and World Bank poured billions into renewables like wind, solar, and hydro in developing nations like Kenya.

Over the past five years alone, the Energiewende has cost Germany €32 billion ($36 billion) annually, and opposition to renewables is growing in the German countryside. "

https://www.technocracy.news/renewables-were-never-meant-to-power-modern-civilization/

I underdtand that Spain canx its wind turbos a few years ago.  There was no payoff.  

Warren Buffet recently said that the only reason B-H has wind in its portfolio is for the tax benefits.  Without them, BH would not touch wind.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a distinct difference between "want" and "need".

My state's utility is claiming to be going fossil fuel free by XXXX.

However, they didn't say as loud, that the renewable energy that will backbone their utility, will be the Nuclear Power Plants.

Tax benefits are the only thing that make Wind Energy reasonable.  Without it, it's simply not an economical means of reliable power generation.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

To quote someone else on another forum, this pretty well sums it up.

"The real basis the the Leftist fascination with wind and solar is this: they require bureaucratic intervention and control, along with the redistribution of wealth, which is inherently anti-capitalist and anti-Freedom. Wind and solar are energy's analog to socialized medicine."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

To quote someone else on another forum, this pretty well sums it up.

"The real basis the the Leftist fascination with wind and solar is this: they require bureaucratic intervention and control, along with the redistribution of wealth, which is inherently anti-capitalist and anti-Freedom. Wind and solar are energy's analog to socialized medicine."

Well said!   

I was having a conversation with a guy some time back about renewable energy sources. He was pretty much all about bio fuels and made a lot of good points, but I held up my side pretty well too.

At one point, I brought up fossil fuels and asked him what they came from. He, unlike some actually did not say "dead dinosaurs, but correctly stated, from dead, decaying plant and animal matter.

I then asked him "And just when did things stop dying?"

Maybe things are not dying at a rate suitable to maintain our current rate of usage, but it did make him stop and think.

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1