Dad's Bluejackets"s Manual WW2

DrB

Looking through some of my fathers stuff and came across this.  Thought I would share.  The itinerary is not complete as he was in the war till the end.

There must have been some dust in the pages as I looked through as my eyes kinda teared up.  That is my farhers handwriting in the last photo.

Dave..

N1.jpg

N2.jpg

N3.jpg

N4.jpg

N5.jpg

N6.jpg

• Like 5

As I have said before, I didn't go through Boot Camp but I did buy a Blue Jackets Manual.

All through my Navy time I used it religiously to make sure I didn't screw up on something that I would have learned in Boot Camp.

It was a great reference for a new sailor.   I don't know what became of it.  My kids grabbed my Navy stuff when they found it so it may be with one of them.  The girls loved the large Black Silk Neckerchiefs.

(I don't think they could imagine me in 13 Button Dress Blues.  My new wife at the time, seemed to like a uniform though.

• Like 3

I had a book that they gave us back in basic training in the USAF Back in 1969. It had the different ranks and insignias both enlisted and Officers and had excerpts for the UCMJ and othe useful information. This was during the Viet nam war and it had a Vietnamese phrase book with words to use when interrogating prisoners. The one term I still remember was "Nam Swung" which means "Lie face down."

• Like 3