"Richmond: The Mother of all Buffalo Jumps"

gwalchmai

On 1/19/2020 at 6:57 AM, gwalchmai said:

Or getting all the real Americans to come out and vote for people who think like we do.

The problem is that so many  of them campaign trying to convince us that they do think like us, but then get elected and you know what happens next.

The gallows will never happen, but it would probably be more effective than the voting booth.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jmohme said:

The problem is that so many  of them campaign trying to convince us that they do think like us, but then get elected and you know what happens next.

The gallows will never happen, but it would probably be more effective than the voting booth.

I agree.  Politicians live on deception.  And we have no means to get the truth.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jmohme said:

That's human nature and the only thing we can do about it is ride their tails when they do it and vote them out of office for it. Too often we re-elect "our SOB" when we should leave no doubt that we'll not tolerate two-faced politicians.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

That's human nature and the only thing we can do about it is ride their tails when they do it and vote them out of office for it. Too often we re-elect "our SOB" when we should leave no doubt that we'll not tolerate two-faced politicians.

:460: :baldeagle: :perfect10:

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2020 at 6:57 AM, gwalchmai said:

Or getting all the real Americans to come out and vote for people who think like we do.

I've argued this for many years. If you want to have what you like, or even a real right to gripe about what the .gov is doing, then you have to get your behind off the couch and vote.

Yes it is only one ballot, but if you take a neighbor, or the block with you, then you have a half dozen, do that enough and you have a movement. Sitting in the living room doesn't make change, and in the environment so popular today, you better get involved or you won't have anything to be involved in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/21/2020 at 11:01 AM, LostinTexas said:

Yes it is only one ballot, but if you take a neighbor, or the block with you, then you have a half dozen, do that enough and you have a movement. 

I am a bad person.  All I could hear in my head when I read "you have a movement" was Alice's Restaurant Massacree.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I went on Monday and felt encouraged, though I realize that it won't accomplish much. I was very glad everything seemed to go smoothly. God willing this has lit a fire under the Virginia GOP and get some of these conservative non-voters out in coming elections. 

• Thanks 2