Self-control failure...

OwlsNest465

Been eyeing this up for a couple of months.  Went to Fleet Farm for something, casually walked by the gun case OOH SQUIRREL!!!  "Just got it in last night" says the guy behind the counter.  I leave, thinking I'm not going to spend $900 today... 

3 minutes later I turn around and go back.

Even managed to get to the range with it tonight....  It's a big, heavy brick, and shoots quite nice with little recoil.  I am probably going to need to install the lighter spring if I shoot my reloads, which tend to be on the light side - had a couple malfunctions - but none with factory ammo.  Trigger - It's no Apex trigger, but it's pretty decent.  Should be killer with a dot on it.  

SIG P320 X-Five Legion:

IMG_4340.thumb.jpg.cf0781af1130ab4dea0b3c593e9e278c.jpg

• Like 7

Update:

A bit over 1000 rounds through it already... It’s a sweet shooter. Still #2 behind my Performance Center M&P, but that gun also has a reflex sight and an Apex trigger on it.

Just mounted up a Leupold Deltapoint Pro today. COULD make this gun #1 but I still think the Apex trigger is a little better. But this gun has weight and size going for it.

e01cab084ba639a07affe081fb58ba11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jmohme said:

Oh well.

Self control is an over rated concept anyway!

long ago I told my kids of our "family motto".  Now occasionally I am reminded by them that it still holds:  "Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess!".

It simplifies the need for a rationalization.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I saw a lonely Belgian SCAR17 that needed rescue and also a Swiss SG751 that felt out of place in isolationist America (damn you, Trump, you foreigner hater you), so I brought them home and have my ‘Murican gun taking them into her folds to show that America always and forever embracing industrious immigrants. BDE78C3D-8FA3-4A8D-9FEF-BF708E64D13E.thumb.jpeg.317cbaa04aa7aefba013280c228a70de.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 4:37 PM, OwlsNest465 said:

Speaking of. I didn’t like the look of the shell catcher on my Benelli so I decided I needed an OU.

Browning Citori CXT:

28a492aa19628e03d9a21068eefedfe1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful Shotgun.  I always wanted an OU but as far along the trail I got was an old Remington 870 Trap with nice wood.  Now I have to go dig it out.  Has been in the safe for years.  I wanted to get into trap in my youth but only managed to buy a gun before life got in the way. Never even shot it but for some reason I kept it.

Enjoy the OU.....  Dave..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Valmet said:

fnfalman- that SIG is absolutely awesome. I recall when SIG toyed with the idea of marketing them on a large scale in the US but they just put out more 716s instead. 

I wonder if there was a tiff between SIG Sauer USA versus SIG Sauer Germany versus SAN?

For some unknown reasons SIG Sauer America stopped bringing in the P553 from SAN and the Legend/X5/X6 from German Mastershop. 

and yes, instead of importing the real deal, Americans got the 556X and the 716. 

luckily JDI Firearms had solved this problem. 

Edited by Fnfalman
  • Like 1