What's you favorite weapons lubricant?

fortyofforty

I recently tried a product called Cuda lube. It really is slick but expensive.  I think the price is $15-16/2oz.  I had a small sample bottle.   Be interested in other opinions on it. 

I like MPro 7 products and have used them for a few years.  

I also have CLP and RemOil, but more recently I've used and like Ballistol.  

Supposedly it's nontoxic, and I don't think it smells bad.  I'd never heard of it until Hickok mentioned it. 

I doubt there's really all that much difference between most of them.

I use Silver Bullet Gun Oil (13% swine fat), this stuff is amazing, a little goes a long way.  I have shot a few thousand rounds through multi day pistol courses in the rain and this oil holds up and keeps the firearm well lubed.  Initially bought it because of the novelty, but its my go to lubricant now.

Hoppes gun grease on the frame rails of my Sigs and Berettas. 

Breakfree LP for ARs and polymer handguns. It’s very thick and doesn’t cook off as fast or run straight down to the muzzle after being holstered an hour. 

Break free CLP here. I haven’t ever had a problem with it so I don’t have a reason to switch.

I disagree though on running them wet, on a carry piece anyway. I like to use “just enough.”

My first concern is that it really holds onto lint/dirt. FWIW, my carry Glocks have gotten pretty filthy/dry, and still functioned flawlessly. 

I don’t really care for getting splattered with excess oil/grease either, when I pull the trigger. 

Just my $0.20.

BR

Edited by BigRed
Added information
  • Like 1

My response to this is  is similar to a line in the beginning of the movie "John Carter", where he has a gun muzzle to the forehead of the "outback" proprietor, and he points  to a paper and says, "bean.  The first item is Beans!".

For the first half of my life guns got either sewing machine oil (my mother was a seamstress)  3 in 1 oil!  All guns, every body's guns.  Later in handguns it is light machine oil.  For this, I use Rem Oil.

I found that too much oil collects dirt, grime and lint.  Growing up we only thought of cleaning a gun sparodically, and then it got oiled, sparingly.  I personally, have never had a firearm fail from too little oil.  Failure was always related to ammo.  I had limited numbers of firearms and so did my friends.  There may be some types of firearms that require lots of oil that I don't know about.

My handguns get "light machine oil" and the emphasis is on light with the watchword for application being "sparingly". 

• Like 2

I have more bottle and tubes of gun lube/grease than Bruce Jenner has high healed shoes. But the ones I tend to grab most often are CLP Break-Free, FP-10, and Slip 2000. I have never really noticed a different between one brand name gun oil and the next one. The most hardcore competition shooter I know, who burns through more ammo a year than my entire PD does, just buys some kind of generic synthetic motor oil and has never had an issue.

• Like 1