What's you favorite weapons lubricant?

fortyofforty

I think every forum needs the perennial "lubrication" thread.  So, which do you prefer?

I have been using NYOil on my handguns for many years now and am quite happy.  It is clear, so even if some leaks or gets on my clothing, it doesn't leave a big black stain.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYpjONJDxyZHMemelIaAi

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWDYWQ8pIg4kZdE_yJnEG

I also like Militec products, and the company is very military and law enforcement friendly.

Militec-Bottles.jpg

The folks at Shooter's Choice are also very friendly to law enforcement, and seem to be good people.

PY-A-1089_AGE-FP10Lub.jpg

For me, I use so little lubricant on my GLOCKs I probably have enough to last my lifetime.  That doesn't stop me from occasionally trying something new or different.  I load it into needle oilers, and get the drops right where they belong without much excess.

• Like 1

A few years ago, I decided that there must be something better than the RemOil that I'd used for umpteen years.  I switched to WeaponShield and have been pretty pleased with both the oil and the grease.  I may try something else when my WS runs out, but I do like it better than basic RemOil.

I use whatever strikes my fancy at the time. Lately it has been Lucas products.

If a gun has a pair of grips on it, it always has Barricade under them. If it needs grease, it's Rigg stainless +p.

I like Kell Lube for knife actions

Right now, Slip2000 EWL just because that's what I bought last. It doesn't stand out as anything special and I'm not married to it. I use cheap white lithium grease for grease.

Edited by KFC

Much more important than the brand of lubricant, is consistent use of it and use of it not sparingly. I've seen more gun failures due to underlubrication than any other reason. It always makes me chuckle when guys bring 1911s to training classes and they choke up and in a friendly way I ask them, "When is the last time you lubed it?" Answer: "Oh, about three months ago or so." ARs and 1911s love to be run more wet than dry.

I'm really liking the G96 Milspec CLP. Seems to do a fine job. 

Also, Ballistol has become my go to cleaner and wipe down. I love that stuff. 

IMG_3152.PNG

Dang....that picture was bigger than I intended...

Edited by Sgt 127
Comment

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2017 at 1:14 AM, jame said:

I always use Hoppe's #9 for cleaning, and I usually just leave a thin film of the stuff when I'm done.  I've never run into any problems that I can speak of.

Interesting.  That's a solvent, and not technically a lubricant.  Glad you haven't had any issues with it, but I'd still rather use a product specifically intended and designed to lubricate moving parts.

12 minutes ago, fortyofforty said:

Interesting.  That's a solvent, and not technically a lubricant.  Glad you haven't had any issues with it, but I'd still rather use a product specifically intended and designed to lubricate moving parts.

Oh, I don't generally try to talk guys into or out of what they're using on their weapons.  I alway thought it was up to the individual, and if someone wants suggestions about anything, I'm willing to share mine.  

By all means, do whatever works for you.  After all, that's what I do!

3 hours ago, jame said:

Oh, I don't generally try to talk guys into or out of what they're using on their weapons.  I alway thought it was up to the individual, and if someone wants suggestions about anything, I'm willing to share mine.  

By all means, do whatever works for you.  After all, that's what I do!

Perhaps you misunderstood my statement of fact--that Hoppe's #9 is a solvent and not a lubricant--with an effort to talk you into or out of something.  I don't care what you use.  You can use warm spit for all I care.  I merely stated my own reasoning for what I prefer to do.  Thanks for sharing what you use, and I'll continue to state facts so that people reading these boards can actually learn something.

• 8 months later...