The Rise of Colt Python

Fnfalman

That was something I didn't see coming. 

I'm glad they brought the ol' gal back, but I was somewhat saddened to see that a blued finish isn't available and that the barrel options are only 4.25 and 6 inch options. I want a 4 inch option to fit an old holster I have.

Still, I'll buy at least one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Historian said:

I sure want one too...but i need a new roof and a truck. :)

Those are luxury items same as food, they can wait..  Firearms are a necessity, one of life's  essentials.  You can hunt for food with the revolver, thus it serves it's purpose.  Things have to be put in the proper perspective here.  Logic and Rationality have no place in a gun forum.

Dave..

Edited by DrB
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, DrB said:

Those are luxury items same as food, they can wait..  Firearms are a necessity, one of life's  essentials.  You can hunt for food with the revolver, thus it serves it's purpose.  Things have to be put in the proper perspective here.  Logic and Rationality have no place in a gun forum.

Dave..

If i don't have a truck to take me to the field...then the Python will remain a non-hunter.  If i don't replace my roof...my wife will use the Python on me.

laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Historian said:

If i don't replace my roof...my wife will use the Python on me.

Have them add the price of the Python to the roof quote under some obscure line, she will never know.  You are overthinking things here. Remember this is a gun forum....

Dave..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to your review FNFalman.

I am stoked.  It might cost me a couple of my other handguns, but I would love to have one of the 4" models at some point.  Probably will wait until the initial excitement dies down. 

• Like 2

I saw a teaser photo of the blued one.  If it in fact and the blueing is polished and Colt blue I think I will wait around.  I hope it is fact.
Dave..

I would much prefer a PVD coating on top of the polished stainless - much more durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

I would much prefer a PVD coating on top of the polished stainless - much more durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PVD coating of what type of chemical?  PVD is a coating process, not a type of coating. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 7:18 PM, norton said:

Looking forward to your review FNFalman.

I am stoked.  It might cost me a couple of my other handguns, but I would love to have one of the 4" models at some point.  Probably will wait until the initial excitement dies down. 

My local Colt shop only has one Python slated for them and the owner already claimed it. 

but yes, I have a feeling that 2020 will be another Colt year for me:  Gold Cup Trophy and Custom Competition both in .38 Super, and any Pythons I can get my hands on. Preferably both the long and short barrels SS. Then maybe a blued model or two if Colt were to release it. Hopefully Talo would have Colt does a snubbie or something funky. 

im gonna hoard these snakes. 

• Like 1