MERRY CHRISTMAS

ASH

A LITTLE EARLY  but  wont be on much til its over ,  I would like to wish  everyone here and their families and friends and extended families  a MERRY CHRISTMAS , FESTIVUS  AND  HANUKKAH   .

everyone has up and downs  as im sure , been a hard year medically  but  still kicking,  i think of the 5 friends ive lost in last 10 years  and my best friend  dec 10 2016  ,  and  i think of the good times

most of us are names on a screen   and never met  but i feel i know alot of you   and thank you for being a friend   and listening   and  rolling eyes at rants  etc ,  

i would like wish The bore site  a merry christmas ,  a great forum  and in my opinion the best  gun forum on the net ,   

i would also wish everyone safe travels during this hectic part of the year  ,     from all of my family  to yours  Merry christmas  

few pics of my life and joy , Piper with  Santa  .  i remember those days of excitement   in her eyes .  she is my world     .even thou  she told Santa she wants a real monkey for christmas  , lol  

79814437_2768250239901538_8241702625075003392_n.jpg

80566577_1076412662704077_6255902118989791232_n.jpg

79855573_673503606386907_4343643221222490112_n.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Just now, ASH said:

A LITTLE EARLY  but  wont be on much til its over ,  I would like to wish  everyone here and their families and friends and extended families  a MERRY CHRISTMAS , FESTIVUS  AND  HANUKKAH   .

everyone has up and downs  as im sure , been a hard year medically  but  still kicking,  i think of the 5 friends ive lost in last 10 years  and my best friend  dec 10 2016  ,  and  i think of the good times

most of us are names on a screen   and never met  but i feel i know alot of you   and thank you for being a friend   and listening   and  rolling eyes at rants  etc ,  

i would like wish The bore site  a merry christmas ,  a great forum  and in my opinion the best  gun forum on the net ,   

i would also wish everyone safe travels during this hectic part of the year  ,     from all of my family  to yours  Merry christmas  

few pics of my life and joy , Piper with  Santa  .  i remember those days of excitement   in her eyes .  she is my world     .even thou  she told Santa she wants a real monkey for christmas  , lol  

79814437_2768250239901538_8241702625075003392_n.jpg

80566577_1076412662704077_6255902118989791232_n.jpg

79855573_673503606386907_4343643221222490112_n.jpg

When you are out of life, grandchildren make it worth continuing.

• Like 10

Just now, railfancwb said:

It is sometimes a challenge for me to consider the goodness of holidays this time of year because of missing those who are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is what it is.  You have to just make the best of it.  Crap happens.  And I say that after losing my mother when I was 12.  I still miss her, but you do the best you can.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

It is sometimes a challenge for me to consider the goodness of holidays this time of year because of missing those who are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i found this time of year particularly difficult for a while.

Volunteering at a shelter or Salvation Army or even giving to https://www.toysfortots.org can help bring back the Reason for the Season.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Presguy said:

OP, I hope the new year brings you nothing but well deserved good news.

I know I'm pretty new here, but I've definitely enjoyed hanging out.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Years - all that stuff, to everyone.

We were all "new guys" here, at one time!

• Like 7

The wife and I spent two hours earlier today ringing the bell next to a Salvation Army kettle. Morale improved as a result.

BTW... when you drop a dollar in the red kettle, 91 cents goes to their programs. Their overhead costs are very low. United Way is the exact opposite.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TXUSMC said:

The wife and I spent two hours earlier today ringing the bell next to a Salvation Army kettle. Morale improved as a result.

BTW... when you drop a dollar in the red kettle, 91 cents goes to their programs. Their overhead costs are very low. United Way is the exact opposite.

My wife dropped our contribution in while the bell ringer was at dinner.  Last time he commented on it.  We don't do it for ourselves.  I believe in the SA.

• Like 4

Mama didn’t like the tree his year. 6.5 ft fiber optic. The tree itself was fe, the fiber optics would stay synced up for very long, the bottom would be flashing a different patter than the top.

I went and picked up two 5000 watt led white lights and a couple of rubber bands to hold them on.

27827378-59D0-4CEC-99E3-F30ACA6BD035.thumb.jpeg.52a5b91f7d97c8d162b6c943c870bb15.jpeg

now I’m a genius. Brightest tree she has ever seen, smiles every time she walks by.

Christmas points way up!!

have a great holiday everybody, no matter what you celebrate

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

All the very best for You and Yours Guys. The older I'm getting, the more my brain brings the memories of the days past. From before the era of Christmas turned shopping holidays...we rarely were getting any gifts back then. Just good time together, so many people sleeping on the floor in the only room of the house... Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rellik said:

GREAT THOUGHT!  

We had our extended family Christmas today. I had two Grand daughters One in College and one in High School come up to me and tell me they love me, even without the "jewelry".  It was a great Christmas for me.  Grandchildren are wonderful.

• Like 7