Man assaults Cop with bottle, is shot

TBO

Just now, TBO said:

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

Good!

I was in a bar fight in a foreign nation, and was hit in the forehead by a full beer bottle.  I saw it shatter, but didn't feel anything.  I subdued the other guy, and the Shore Patrol ran me back to the ship because I was in Dress Whites and covered in blood.  Seriously, the looks I got were disturbing.

The corpsman took   36 stitches in my face.  My point is that a person could be killed by a bottle to the head.  I didn't have much problem until they took the stitches out, and my shipmates started telling me jokes until one cut on my cheek opened up.

Moral of my story is from my experience, I am not afraid of a bottle as a weapon, but now it's justification to kill for my own protection.

• Like 2

Wow.  What a mess.  Totally agree a bottle can do some damage.  Think about getting clubbed with a wine bottle.

Glad they are ok.  Looked like a suicide by cop.

I was in that general areas in August. Shame such a lovely city has so many problems.

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dude needed shooting.  Having said that, the cop who shot him first needs some training.  You're going to shoot a dude, then turn your back on him and start walking away? WTF?  The bad guy starts to get back up and then the other cop shoots him.  No way I'm turning my back on that crazy MF regardless of how many rounds I put in him. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...