How warm is it where you are today

DrB

3 hours ago, deputy tom said:

Right now it's 54 degrees and raining heavily. tom. :tree:

You win..... I'ts 53 deg. here right now 7:30pm. Northern Ohio, Monday evening... Rain passed from here awhile ago, sent your way... Enjoy.... Hahaa.

Dave..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deputy tom said:

It is 25 f right now, supposed to get to 36 f by 4 p.m. Last night our furnace failed prior to 3 a.m. Got repaired around 8:45 a.m.  Finally getting warmed up @ 72 f. tom.:cold:

Our furnace failed and was repaired for $300.  They replaced the electronics control board, a relay failed.  (they said it was a common design to many brands)   

Then the repair guy said we could have saved the $300 by buying a warrantee for something like $20 a month.  I told him the furnace was 10 years old.  So I would have spent $2400 to save $300.  didn't sound like a good argument to me!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Our furnace failed and was repaired for $300.  They replaced the electronics control board, a relay failed.  (they said it was a common design to many brands)   

Then the repair guy said we could have saved the $300 by buying a warrantee for something like $20 a month.  I told him the furnace was 10 years old.  So I would have spent $2400 to save $300.  didn't sound like a good argument to me!

Ours has one year left on parts warranty as of this trip. There was only one year on labor and ten years on parts. tom. :tree:

Edited by deputy tom
as
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

42 degrees, unusual for this time of year. It snowed yesterday but it melted today. 

Starting about now, the snow we get stays on the ground till Spring.  We don't get a lot, but it adds up when it stays.  Our avg is around 60 inches.

I was in Boulder, CO on business a while ago and they got 6 inches of snow one day.  It was gone by afternoon.  I hate snow!

5 hours ago, janice6 said:

Starting about now, the snow we get stays on the ground till Spring.  We don't get a lot, but it adds up when it stays.  Our avg is around 60 inches.

I was in Boulder, CO on business a while ago and they got 6 inches of snow one day.  It was gone by afternoon.  I hate snow!

That is one of the few remaining good things about Colorado- unless you're at really high elevation, the snow goes away really quickly. Probably has to do with being really dry out there. I bet a lot of it sublimates, and goes right from frozen to vapor.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tadbart said:

That is one of the few remaining good things about Colorado- unless you're at really high elevation, the snow goes away really quickly. Probably has to do with being really dry out there. I bet a lot of it sublimates, and goes right from frozen to vapor.

Sublimation is quite obvious and fascinating if you recognize what's happening.  We get below zero for extended periods during last half of Jan into Feb.  From day to day you can see the decrease Snow cover.

Most people don't pay attention or don't care, but it's there just the same.

While in Boulder the people I worked with would sometimes be later than the others because the lived up the mountain and had snow to fight while the city had a relatively sunny day just wet streets.

I was interested in the vehicles cooling during the warm weather, when the engine is pulling up hill most of the time, but with the exception of a couple of drivers, the rest said they didn't notice it. 

A few said they had bigger radiators to aid in the temperature stress of mountain roads.

Edited by janice6

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

Sublimation is quite obvious and fascinating if you recognize what's happening.  We get below zero for extended periods during last half of Jan into Feb.  From day to day you can see the decrease Snow cover.

Most people don't pay attention or don't care, but it's there just the same.

There's so much that goes on in the world that we just walk right past, and don't recognize it until someone points it out. And then you're there, wondering why you never noticed it before.

A few years back, I did a 5,000 mile road trip from FL to WY, CO, NM, TX, and back to FL. Slept at a bud's house in Colorado Springs. Woke up to over 8 inches of snow on my truck. He sent me a picture the day I got home. No snow on his lawn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 something outside, 60 something inside. 

Our business lost its furnace this week, we finally discovered. lol. 

I just got back from turning off the power to the furnaces since the one blower is whining like a bucket of grapes. Service has been called but for now.....((((( shiver )))))

more later, or will there be?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, deputy tom said:

It's 40 f right now. Won't get ant warmer all day. tom.:tree:

37 north coast Ohio now and rain.  Dog loves playing in the mud.  I don't enjoy cleaning her up but she is a dog and likes so she wins.  I do get a smile on my face watching her run around and play so it is worth it. Happy doggie...

Dave..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1