kinda need help will pups name,

ASH

we are board members of some no kill shelters,   and the pup in the pics  is 2 years old , she was left behind by her owners   and

on her own for atleast 3 weeks . so we decided to adopt and keep her . she has had  rough time ,  we are waiting for her shots

and spaded  then we drive to Atlanta to pick her up  and drop off 4 puppies from here to foster parents  for pups .

right now thy are calling her Mitzi  but i dont like the name and she is not used to .    the owner of the house  where the renters took off left her 

in an outdoor closed garage  with no food or water , luckily they some good rain lately and pooled onto a piece of plastic for her to drink .  

disclaimer    ok heathens lol     think of a good name  not skunky   , she does have a mo hawk . and under weight 

some humans just need to be shot  ,  lets not try to find a home , lets lock her in garage and take off . but ive seen worse cases 

70796196_10156849625245838_7655696419625369600_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ASH said:

we are board members of some no kill shelters,   and the pup in the pics  is 2 years old , she was left behind by her owners   and

on her own for atleast 3 weeks . so we decided to adopt and keep her . she has had  rough time ,  we are waiting for her shots

and spaded  then we drive to Atlanta to pick her up  and drop off 4 puppies from here to foster parents  for pups .

right now thy are calling her Mitzi  but i dont like the name and she is not used to .    the owner of the house  where the renters took off left her 

in an outdoor closed garage  with no food or water , luckily they some good rain lately and pooled onto a piece of plastic for her to drink .  

disclaimer    ok heathens lol     think of a good name  not skunky   , she does have a mo hawk . and under weight 

some humans just need to be shot  ,  lets not try to find a home , lets lock her in garage and take off . but ive seen worse cases 

She looks like a beautiful companion worthy of a good pack.  I might consider "Gem". since she appears to me to be one.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Huaco Kid said:

Looks like Gizmo, or whatever it was,  from one of those Gremlins movies.

i told the wife the same thing lol .    our other dogs  are , miley , rain , bailey  and matilda.  

miley is  wrecking ball hence the name 

rain we recused  when it was raining  

matilda  was name  someone from tv 

Bailey was named  from being in old tobacco barn abandoned with hay bales 

i told the wife let's wait til we pick her and a name will pop up . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Most of my pets for many years have been named geographically. Not all, but most. Sometimes just running a finger down the city/town listings at the back of an atlas. Other times using a geographic name with personal meaning. Some have come with name attached. Others, such as Longhair, just because.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dad always had a dog.  But in Tumbleweed, TX, they always grew into ten dogs.  Some would come and go.  Some would come and stay.  But he would take care of them and take them to the vet.  Ten dogs in the back of the truck at once.

The vet would get mad,  because he named them all "Dog."  He said he had to give them names,  so he could keep track on the paperwork.

The next visit,  Dad,  being the smartass,  told him that they got named:  Dog.  Dogg.  Dogdog.  Doggie. Dawg. BigBadDog.  Doggie. Doggiedoo....

The vet asked which was which.  Dad said,  "I don't know.  When I call one,  they all come.

So the vet named them, himself.  Big dog.  Little dog.  Furry dog.  Mean dog.  Yellow dog......

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Dad always had a dog.  But in Tumbleweed, TX, they always grew into ten dogs.  Some would come and go.  Some would come and stay.  But he would take care of them and take them to the vet.  Ten dogs in the back of the truck at once.

The vet would get mad,  because he named them all "Dog."  He said he had to give them names,  so he could keep track on the paperwork.

The next visit,  Dad,  being the smartass,  told him that they got named:  Dog.  Dogg.  Dogdog.  Doggie. Dawg. BigBadDog.  Doggie. Doggiedoo....

The vet asked which was which.  Dad said,  "I don't know.  When I call one,  they all come.

So the vet named them, himself.  Big dog.  Little dog.  Furry dog.  Mean dog.  Yellow dog......

That sounds like my cousin.  He had a horse named "Pony" and a dog named "Puppy"

"Puppy" was a great dane, so kind of big to be called a puppy, but oh well.

My naming sense isn't much better.  We had a bunch of half feral cats around for many years, they all looked the same, so they were all named "Sam."

None of them came when called and we couldn't tell them apart anyway, so why bother.  (edit: we had upwards of several dozen of them at one point, but kind of hard to keep track of their numbers.  What ones the coyotes and other predators didn't get probably died out due to inbreeding)

Oh, and last 2 sheep I was involved with naming were "Hey Ewe" and "Hey Not Ewe"

Edited by Cougar_ml
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, willie-pete said:

The three are named Merlot, Ammo and Gallo. Merlot and Gallo are my wife's dogs. Ammo is my dog. You can probably guess out respective hobbies.

dogs.thumb.jpg.755ae856a27415464512faac211d9ed9.jpg

Name her after one of your hobbies.

OK.  Her official name is SEX!  Here Sex, here Sex!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

On 12/1/2019 at 9:35 PM, ASH said:

She is going to be a beautiful dog.  My Border Collie is rescue.  She came from Kentucky to me in Ohio.  Good luck.

Dave..

My rescue was originally named Molly which I hated for a few reasons.  I named her Megan because she knew the sound of the M when  first spoken in the names.  Now most time she just gets called Meg.  Sometimes her full name is "Dammit Megan" Then she knows it's probably time to listen to me when she is outside otherwise ignoring me.    You will find a name that fits..

Dave

• Like 2
  • Haha 1