Sig Romeo 5 Red Dot Sight?

DrB

Local store has this on sale tomorrow for $100.00.  High mount only.  Would this work to co-witness with the S$W sport 2 I bought?   It has magpul flip up back sight and a standard F stamped front sight. I could get a low riser if needed if this is a good deal.  I have always just used iron sights so am new to this.

Dave..

5 hours ago, DrB said:

Local store has this on sale tomorrow for $100.00.  High mount only.  Would this work to co-witness with the S$W sport 2 I bought?   It has magpul flip up back sight and a standard F stamped front sight. I could get a low riser if needed if this is a good deal.  I have always just used iron sights so am new to this.

Dave..

Price is about as good as you'll get.  That was my first red dot and works fine.  I like the high mount since I can still use the iron sights.  I also bought a 6t later after figuring out what I was doing.  I ask for advice when I was going to buy my first red dot, I believe it was Cougar that was helpful since I didn't have a clue.  I now have three Sig red dots and never had a problem.  I lost one of the little caps that covers the adjustments and called Sig, they sent me a replacement right away no charge.

Edited by pipedreams

3 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Price is about as good as you'll get.  That was my first red dot and works it fine.  I like the high mount since I can still use the iron sights.  I also bought a 6t later after figuring out what I was doing.  I ask for advice when I was going to buy my first red dot, I believe it was Cougar that as helpful since I didn't have a clue.  I now have three Sig red dots and never had a problem.  I lost one of the little caps that covers the adjustments and called Sig and they sent me a replacement right away no charge.

Thanks much...  I think I may take an early morning drive up there and pick one up.  It is a good country road drive.  Good thing is if I call they will hold it for me if they still have so no rush to get there.  They have a M&P 15-22 on sale for $279.00 also.  I'm kinda afraid to walk in the store...  I need to join  "Firearms Anonymous" I think.  The older I get the worse it gets....

Dave..

• Like 1

Ordered the Romeo 5 from PSA.  Mine comes with 2 risers instead of one.  Figured by figuring in my gas and time was the same cost, if not cheaper, to buy online.  I also saved $$$$$... by not looking at any firearms.  They always have a way of following me home.

Dave..

Edited by DrB
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It arrived a few days ago.  Just got around to mounting it.  After putting it on backwards and seeing multiple red dots, I realized it's on backwards.  Give me a break here, I am Left handed so sometimes I forget that things that should be natural to Right handers are opposite with mounting and such.   After I figured that out, looks like I may like it..

PSA shipped quickly.  Will be ordering more there in the future. 

Dave

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DrB said:

It arrived a few days ago.  Just got around to mounting it.  After putting it on backwards and seeing multiple red dots, I realized it's on backwards.  Give me a break here, I am Left handed so sometimes I forget that things that should be natural to Right handers are opposite with mounting and such.   After I figured that out, looks like I may like it..

PSA shipped quickly.  Will be ordering more there in the future. 

Dave

LOL.........your not alone, I did the same thing as a lefty.  Didn't take long to figure out something was wrong.

1 minute ago, pipedreams said:

LOL.........your not alone, I did the same thing as a lefty.  Didn't take long to figure out something was wrong.

Yep, I was seeing one big bright red mass in the lower corner and 2 random red dots.  Wondered what the hell I broke mounting it??.  Laughed when I saw what I did. Fixed that problem.

Dave..

• Like 1