Happy Thanksgiving

pipedreams

It wasn't until just a few years ago that i managed to have my wife, daughter, and parents all in the same place for Thanksgiving or Christmas...because someone was on duty.

God bless, all of you.   I appreciate your kind comments on this forum.  You're a remarkably civil group for the internet.  ?

Happy Thanksgiving!  To the best online group ever.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Historian said:

It wasn't until just a few years ago that i managed to have my wife, daughter, and parents all in the same place for Thanksgiving or Christmas...because someone was on duty.

God bless, all of you.   I appreciate your kind comments on this forum.  You're a remarkably civil group for the internet.  ?

Happy Thanksgiving!  To the best online group ever.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Day. May it be a blessed day with family and friends.

• Thanks 1

I took my wife to breakfast this morning because I know how much work she is going to do preparing this afternoon.

On our way back home, there was a state trouper sitting along highway 21 running radar. I told the wife that I was going to grab some of the cookies she made yesterday and bring them back to this guy, and that is exactly what I did.

I pulled in behind him and he got out of his car as I was doing the same, but with a plate in hand. I told him happy Thanksgiving and thanked him for keeping our road safe. I got a huge smile and a thank you from him.

My Thanksgiving day was made at that point.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I spent my Thanksgiving day working as your friendly local Police Officer. My family had a fancy dinner going on, but I couldn't make it, without betraying my job that is...

It was mostly an unusually slow day. I work 12 hour shifts, and it sure was a long 12 hours, mostly out of boredom. Honestly, I was watching Netflix at one point. Sue me...

I did make one arrest for Thanksgiving Day. He passed out drunk behind the wheel of his car, with wine stains all over his cloths. So, I made a very solid DUI arrest at least while I patrolled around on Thanksgiving Day....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, jmohme said:

I took my wife to breakfast this morning because I know how much work she is going to do preparing this afternoon.

On our way back home, there was a state trouper sitting along highway 21 running radar. I told the wife that I was going to grab some of the cookies she made yesterday and bring them back to this guy, and that is exactly what I did.

I pulled in behind him and he got out of his car as I was doing the same, but with a plate in hand. I told him happy Thanksgiving and thanked him for keeping our road safe. I got a huge smile and a thank you from him.

My Thanksgiving day was made at that point.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

What a wonderful gesture!  KUDO's!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

I spent my Thanksgiving day working as your friendly local Police Officer. My family had a fancy dinner going on, but I couldn't make it, without betraying my job that is...

It was mostly an unusually slow day. I work 12 hour shifts, and it sure was a long 12 hours, mostly out of boredom. Honestly, I was watching Netflix at one point. Sue me...

I did make one arrest for Thanksgiving Day. He passed out drunk behind the wheel of his car, with wine stains all over his cloths. So, I made a very solid DUI arrest at least while I patrolled around on Thanksgiving Day....

As little as it is, Thank you!

• Like 2