Surplus Dealers Gone

DrB

Was looking at the places I used to buy from. Noticed that SOG is gone as long as Samco.  Bought some surplus from these folks through the years.  With the surplus firearms drying up, who is left?  I had an 03 but seems now not much use anymore.  Dave..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was spoiled by the availability of post WWII stuff when I was growing up.    The prices used to be really cheap.  I never had much interest, but a friend of mine had a nice collection that included the usual Mauser 98s, Lee Enfields, broom handle Mauser converted to 9mm, and even an old single shot Martini Henry.

When I finally had the money to spend on this sort of memorabilia, I had fallen out of touch with this guy, So I got discouraged because I had learned that the quality was usually directly linked to the distributor.   So, if you guys are saying that the known good distributors closed up shop, it becomes a more expensive proposition to put a toe in the water, so to speak.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I didn't see the need when prices were so low and the quantities seemed endless.  Then it was, "Well, maybe tomorrow.  There is always tomorrow".

Now tomorrow has come and gone.  It's a hard lesson.

Yes, and when I see the prices I wish I would have bought more.  Some of the places like Southern Ohio Gun have gone bye. At hre time some call them "Sorry Old Guns"  I bought a lot from them.  Try getting those deals today, good luck.  They lost out, I did buy.

Dave..

Edited by DrB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1