Popcorn

Booker

Air poppers aren't old school!  What are you people thinking?   Popcorn is supposed to have flavor!!

Buy yourself a saucepan and cook those seeds in some oil like you're supposed to. 

Put a 3 qt saucepan on your stove:

pot.png.708567a4de53556bddba022561fb004b.png

Add enough of one of these to cover the bottom of the pan:

oils.jpg.8ed353a6daba6ec0f11de4e6327deb20.jpg

Set to medium high heat and add 2 or 3 seeds.  When they begin to pop, add a heaping 1/2 cup of the seeds of your choice along with a gently rounded 1/2 tsp of:

salt.jpg.c091da105303c60699cfd677ba382b3d.jpg

Cover, shake as needed to keep the unpopped seeds on the bottom of the pan.  If you've done it right, the lid should just barely lift off by the popcorn.  Remove from heat as popping slows.  Dump in a bowl and eat.  Try not to share with your kids.

• Like 2

The theater doesn't even call it butter, anymore.  It's "flavoring".

Last time when they asked how much, and I told them a lot, they asked if I wanted it "layered". 

I don't even know what that is, but,  yes!

That's where they put some popcorn in the bucket, squirt the juice on,  put more popcorn, squirt squirt, more popcorn, squirt squirt....

And it needs a lot of salt, too.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jame said:

https://www.amazon.com/Wabash-Valley-Farms-Whirley-Pop-Stovetop/dp/B00004SU35/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506541678&sr=8-1&keywords=whirly+pop

A whirly pop popper, 1/2 cup kernels, 1/3 cup butter, a whole buncha tobacco mixed with the butter, sprinkled with parmesan cheese.

Red Man or Levi Garrett? :)

Edited by KBKEITH