Al Sharpton gets $1M in pay from his own charity, tax filings show

pipedreams

He’s the million-dollar minister.

"The Rev. Al Sharpton raked in $1,046,948 from his own charity last year, according to National Action Network’s latest tax filings obtained by The Post.

Sharpton got a $324,000 salary — 32% higher than his 2017 pay — in addition to a $159,596 bonus and $563,352 in “other compensation.”"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/al-sharpton-gets-1m-in-pay-from-his-own-charity

"Sharpton has been paying down millions in his own personal federal and state tax liens. In June, he finally paid off his personal tax debt to the state, which last year stood at $95,031.21. He still owes $698,470.99 in back taxes for three of his companies, according to the state Tax Department."

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

I still see these charlatans on late night TV claiming that if you give them money, God will reward you.   Criminal minds is also playing.

I was all ready to wright a check...when i asked myself...would Jesus wear a Rolex on his television show?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Then his "reparations" should be in proportion to his value to society.   Still nothing.

Why should he get reparations? If his ancestors had remained in Africa and had never been made slaves, how much money would he be making today? 

the average middle class annual income in Nigeria is between $480 and $645 dollars.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Why should he get reparations? If his ancestors had remained in Africa and had never been made slaves, how much money would he be making today? 

the average middle class annual income in Nigeria is between $480 and $645 dollars.

Yeah, it was a joke.  But, I feel confident that he feels he is owed reparations.  But, to take your syllogism to its logical conclusion.  If his ancestors were actually slaves and were brought here from Africa, the events that led to his birth (great great great grandparents meeting, their offspring meeting) in the same order and timing as they did never would have occurred.  He never would have been born at all.  In his case, obviously, that would have been a good thing.  I think I'm owed reparations for being accused of slave ownership and accosted by his propaganda.  But, not as likely as someone donation money to Al's phony foundation. 

• Like 1

My guess for his donations are guilt ridden White people that believe by donating to him they can get some dispensation from him.

Or, they are just politicians buying votes from his followers through him.  Be is "brokering" Black votes.

This sounds more reasonable.

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

My guess for his donations are guilt ridden White people that believe by donating to him they can get some dispensation from him.

Or, they are just politicians buying votes from his followers through him.  Be is "brokering" Black votes.

This sounds more reasonable.

My nephew's father is black.  He has some perspective on the subject and he simply calls it "The White Guilt."

• Thanks 1

Many liberals in their fervor to show how much they accept "special" groups. are willing to throw money into a cause that they don't know anything about. 

Then they strut around saying how exceptional they are, for accepting those inferior to them.  Everything they do is governed by," the end justifies the means".

White guilt explains much of it.

• Like 2