Thoughts on the impeachment peaches

Ricordo

I remember when Clinton was impeached.

after the “agonizing deliberations” and everyone had their sound bites, it was worked out the the vote would be 50/50 so the Democrooks could run on the acquittal and the Republicans could run on the “not majority, basically a hung jury”

then Orrin Hatch voted “not proven”

you could almost hear the gasps and pearls being clutched. The vote was stopped and Mitch went to “talk” to Hatch. Moving faster than he had in decades, accused Hatch of breaking the deal. Clinton was acquitted with a 50/49/1

Hatch was persona non grata for a long time amongst the political class on the right, and a hero on the left.

the entire affair is about as real as WWE Raw

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

I remember when Clinton was impeached.

after the “agonizing deliberations” and everyone had their sound bites, it was worked out the the vote would be 50/50 so the Democrooks could run on the acquittal and the Republicans could run on the “not majority, basically a hung jury”

then Orrin Hatch voted “not proven”

you could almost hear the gasps and pearls being clutched. The vote was stopped and Mitch went to “talk” to Hatch. Moving faster than he had in decades, accused Hatch of breaking the deal. Clinton was acquitted with a 50/49/1

Hatch was persona non grata for a long time amongst the political class on the right, and a hero on the left.

the entire affair is about as real as WWE Raw

And, when the subject of Impeachment came up for Clinton, he wore it as a badge of honor!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ricordo said:

Sorry to see that Obama was previously booked (swamped) today.

He's a constitutional law scholar, former Nobel prize winner and People magazine sexiest man alive inductee.

Ah yes!  The promise of "vacuous things to come", that never came.  The hope that bred dissention and conflict.  The Idol of all who pit their fellow man against each other.

Or, more simply, Carter's replacement at the bottom.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I just heard Pelosi, on camera, live

say that this isn’t about politics

coffee, right through the nose. Choking in laughter

You have to admire the result of multiple face lifts, that allow one to say foolish things and still keep a straight face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You guys have to take this matter much much more seriously. Our western civilization, and part of the eastern civilization is at stake, as Pope Pelosi has stated.

And if you take into account both the northern civilization and a good-sized chunk of  the southern part of Tierra del Fuego, pretty much our whole universe is at stake.

So I would suggest that the Prez and youse guys take a breath, a shot or two of single malt whiskey, and think of the existential threat we are facing.  

How dare you!

GretaThunbergUN2019_420x237.jpg&f=1&nofb

• Haha 1

If a quid pro quo is ultimately proven, it will be the first time in history that the US Foreign Service has engaged in one.

Never before in history...except for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and after-dinner mints. Never seen one, never thought I would.

:cold:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ricordo said:

If a quid pro quo is ultimately proven, it will be the first time in history that the US Foreign Service has engaged in one.

Never before in history...except for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and after-dinner mints. Never seen one, never thought I would.

:cold:

Isn't it odd how this doesn't apply to Biden and his bragging that he stopped an investigation by Ukraine.  Something must have been different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Isn't it odd how this doesn't apply to Biden and his bragging that he stopped an investigation by Ukraine.  Something must have been different.

The difference lies in the fact that Biden didn't do it for personal gain.

Oh...wait...

One second....

Just a minute....

Never mind...

• Like 2

Hearing Pope Nancy I today, I was reminded of a request that my father-in-law made a couple of days ago.

He's 97 years old, dying of terminal cancer and shows a slight hint of dementia.  He wanted his other daughter's dog, Popcorn, to  come to his house with scissors to cut the ropes that the ladies that are caring for him had tied him up with.

popcorn-at-copper-bell-cafe.jpg?w=640&h=

• Thanks 1

I loves me a Motion to Dismiss as much as any other fellow. I love it even more when I get a Notice of Dismissal from opposing brother counsel without filing a Motion to Dismiss. I have two of those---Grand Jury/Fed/ 10-20 Ks, one pre-Brady material, one post-Brady disclosure which did not include any exculpatory evidence.

I also love it when arrogantly pedantic celebrities and oh-so-bigger-than-life figures tell me that I'm an idiot, that I lack discernment and my vote shouldn't count. Because...you know...they know so much better.

All hail Queen Hillary...

22200472-0-image-a-328_1576239610048.jpg

Edited by Ricordo
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

But if they drag it out a little, they can get their sound bites for the campaign.

if they just dismiss it...the fun is over

That reminded me of the time that my kids (4-6 years old) were having the time of their lives and I barked in my melodious, almost angelic-like voice that they were only allowed to have a limited amount of fun. That any fun beyond that limit was strictly prohibited and would entail serious consequences.

The look on their eyes made me feel embarrassed for a moment until I remembered that, at the time, I was only 84% Catholic.

Thanks for the memories. :)

• Thanks 1

As proposed by someone from LA last night, if McConnell can't be impartial about an impeachment trial and must therefore recuse himself then the following, by their own admissions, must also recuse themselves:

Sanders

Warren

Booker

Harris

Bennet

Klobuchar

Gillibrand

Just a quid pro quo to resolve the impasse...

Edited by Ricordo
  • Thanks 1

Back to basics.

A Motion to Dismiss is filed before answering a complaint or a petition. What it does is it "admits" the facts presented in the petition or the complaint as true and avers that even while taking them at face value as "facts", the petition or the complaint fails to meet the requirements of law and therefore must be dismissed. In other words, that the case presented is pure, unadulterated bullspit and not worth the time and effort to go to trial. It is a mini-trial contesting the validity of the allegations and the dismissal is the proper mechanism to get rid of the case. It is then the law of the case, a resolution on the merits of the allegations. 

If dismissed, and the petitioner or complainant files it again using the same words, allegations or inferences, the previous dismissal serves as the law of the case. In layman's terms, res judicata. Meaning, "we've already gone through this and it is the same bullspit". It is an adjudication on the merits of the case.

The test in the peachy effort is: High crimes and misdemeanors. No High crimes and misdemeanors, no peachy.

Or as a friend said, Confirmation CK109A. Love the darn things. Way better wrapped than a chimichanga.

af5e717c-6fc5-47a5-8bc9-57b8fbc69a9f_1.d

• Like 1

Don’t mistake a Senate trial with a Judicial trial. They use the words and the trappings, Roberts as presiding judge.

its not the same, it’s a completely political action. 
it’s always about party, negotiating the votes, posturing and political gain.

• Thanks 1