UC Berkeley instructor calls rural Americans 'bad people' who deserve 'uncomfortable' lives

pipedreams

"A UC Berkeley graduate student and instructor took to Twitter to shame "rural Americans" and those who aren't "pro-city."

Jackson Kernion, who has reportedly taught at least 11 philosophy courses at the California university, made the comments last Wednesday.

"I unironically embrace the bashing of rural Americans," Kernion wrote in a now-deleted tweet. "They, as a group, are bad people who have made bad life decisions...and we should shame people who aren't pro-city."

Kernion started going after rural citizens, saying they should have higher health care, pay more in taxes and be forced to live an "uncomfortable" life for rejecting "efficient" city life, Campus Reform reported."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/uc-berkeley-instructor-rural-americans-bad-people

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

"A UC Berkeley graduate student and instructor took to Twitter to shame "rural Americans" and those who aren't "pro-city."

Jackson Kernion, who has reportedly taught at least 11 philosophy courses at the California university, made the comments last Wednesday.

"I unironically embrace the bashing of rural Americans," Kernion wrote in a now-deleted tweet. "They, as a group, are bad people who have made bad life decisions...and we should shame people who aren't pro-city."

Kernion started going after rural citizens, saying they should have higher health care, pay more in taxes and be forced to live an "uncomfortable" life for rejecting "efficient" city life, Campus Reform reported."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/uc-berkeley-instructor-rural-americans-bad-people

These bad rural folk should stop selling food to the "good" cities.

Schools of advanced learning should stop employing blithering idiots.

What size city is to be the chosen ones versus the smaller cities that this professor thinks are a hinderance to society.  It's called "The Heart Land" for a reason!  But this educator wouldn't know the reason.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Schools of advanced learning should stop employing blithering idiots.

Let's be fair.  This professor is not a blithering idiot.  He's a perfect example of hate.  He doesn't like people who don't look like him, sound like him, or even think like him.

Hmm...kinda sounds like a hateful bigot to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

i like to make predictions,they tend to be very accurate.

lets say the Democrats take control.

they force the Green new Deal,but not in the Cities that is wholly unfeasible far too expensive and much to inconvenient to do.

only the Rural areas would be put to those standards,you know where it does`nt effect the Tree huggers and Hipsters.

only the Rural folk would be punish......um,accountable. a lot like a fiefdom,those outside the Citadel work for those inside the Citadel.

it worked so well just before the French revolution and the Russian Revolution and the American Revolution,

or maybe we just stop subsidizing this kind of hate with Tax payer dollars and people pay more attention to what is being taught in "higher" education.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, pipedreams said:

" If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I unironically state that the professor should be deprived of all food and other products grown/raised by rural Americans.  He can starve naked, and the world will be a better place.

My first thought as well

“I bet he likes to eat”

• Thanks 1